• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Liking the Zotac 3090 Trinity same price as founders and 5 year warranty. Anyone know what Zotac coolers are usually like?

They are large but Zotac has had some questionable quality issues regarding thermal pads contacting the cooler. To be fair other manufacturers have had been caught out by this too and there is no way to know before we get proper reviews out like Gamers Nexus or Hardware Unboxed. What you could do though is if caught out by quality issues from any vendor is send it back and tell em to sort it or refund it. Normally their AMP editions perform well though if its not too expensive that might be the one to aim for imho.

Soldato
I think its a last minute addition because the card was obviously getting too hot under testing. Makes me worry about getting any AIB card tbh. but lets see. I've decent case flow. and its going to be winter....
So they probably tried to reuse an old design for the low end and found it didn't work? We'll see when the reviews are out but hopefully they've done a better job on the other versions.

Permabanned

Its just caching as much as it can I believe. Personally, without evidence to back it up, I think its a load fearmongering. Happy to change that view with some evidence to the contrary, a VRAM usage graph isn't evidence of negative performance.

Associate
will we start seeing reviews now or do they only appear once the cards are on sale?
well the reviews that appear before public availability tend to come with rules, NDAs, expectations and threat of black listing. I'm not saying reviewers will out right lie but they will be constrained by benchmarks, what they can say and how they say it. Just be aware...

Caporegime
OP
The pricing doesn't make sense, if AMD are gona come in cheaper than the 3080, and have more vram, why would Nvidia then, increase the vram on their card, but price it even higher (by adding another £350+ to their card, thats already beat on price and vram).

Associate
Can we talk about the fact that the clown card is a QUADROUPLE SLOT card!?
Capture.png
Looks like the clowns getting into ghetto tech there :)

Associate
The pricing doesn't make sense, if AMD are gona come in cheaper than the 3080, and have more vram, why would Nvidia then, increase the vram on their card, but price it even higher (by adding another £350+), to their card thats already beat on price and vram.

Nvidia don't see AMD as the competition, they see Microsoft and Sony as the competition

Associate
Its just caching as much as it can I believe. Personally, without evidence to back it up, I think its a load fearmongering. Happy to change that view with some evidence to the contrary, a VRAM usage graph isn't evidence of negative performance.

exactly you need to see the performance impact on frame rates as opposed to how much a vram is requested

Microsoft FS2020 is practically beta software anyway at this stage its still DirectX 11 for goodness sake with all the threading constraints that entails

Back
Top Bottom