• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Caporegime
You've been on these forums long enough, you know that Gibbo will hoover up most of the stock coming into the UK for at least a few weeks ;)

Yep. Thats been the case the last two times. I had a pre order on Amazon which didnt arrive for 3 months! But I refused to buy the card from OCUK despite them having stock as due to shortages, it had gone up £150.

Associate
@Gibbo

Is there a limit per customer? I have two machines in the office which desperately need upgrades so I was planning on bundling everything together, for reasons I need everything on a single invoice. I've heard some retailers are limiting to 1 per customer.

Caporegime
Yep. Thats been the case the last two times. I had a pre order on Amazon which didnt arrive for 3 months! But I refused to buy the card from OCUK despite them having stock as due to shortages, it had gone up £150.

Yup, you'll get the prices you want if you're willing to wait :)

Caporegime
Yup, you'll get the prices you want if you're willing to wait :)

Oh I know. I still bought one from ocuk although a different brand and waited for the second one to come from Amazon eventually and put them both under water. ;)

I was just pointing out Gibbo has a way of cornering the market on these things which is good especially when he does specially forum only purchases on short supply of things. ;) m

Soldato
No one suspicious of the leaked info that there is a supply shortage? Maybe NV did it to get as big a headstart over AMD as possible?

Gibbo who actually buys cards says supply not a problem.

Associate
Gibbo who actually buys cards says supply not a problem.

It's also possible that NVidia are promising numbers to the retailers which they won't be able to deliver. Gibbo may have an order for 10 pallets of cards, he might only get the 1 delivered in September.

Associate
hi gibbo was wondering if yous plan on stocking the white edition of the kfa2 3090 cards cant believe they are the only company to offer a white gpu with so many white system builds now adays

Man of Honour
The 3080 has pretty much made my 2080 Ti worthless. Going to wait for reviews to drop and cards with waterblocks on them before making a decision.

Associate
Apologies if that has been asked elsewhere but is the stock that goes live at 2pm likely to ship same day on next day deliveries?

Busy day in the OC warehouse if so...

Associate
The 3080 has pretty much made my 2080 Ti worthless. Going to wait for reviews to drop and cards with waterblocks on them before making a decision.
was always gonna happen with any new gpu i have 2080 ti myself but feel if i was to sell at 3070 prices it will still sell as that card will prob not be available to most till early next year id imagine based on how popular it will be plus the fact t has lower memory compared to the 2080ti so id imagine it could struggle in 4k games when textures are turned up i know there is the arguement that dls will lessen the need for memory amount but i think too many people bought into nvidia saying it beats 2080ti and didnt look at the bigger picture

Caporegime
I'm running a 1070 on an old z87 board .

Do the pci 16x lanes bottleneck these?

FYI, running 100hz 1440 ultrawide

Looking at 3070 or 3080

Soldato

I'm very happy that I sold my normal RTX 2080 for £630-ish about 7 weeks ago. Basically upgrade to 3080 for free at the cost of 2 months of using an old card (still sufficient for casual and older games).

ALWAYS sell your last gen card within 4-6 weeks of the announcement of the new generation. They hold their values extremely well up until that point. If the launch was good (like now), you're ahead big time. If the launch was disappointing (like 2080) you're no worse off.

Back
Top Bottom