• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*RTX 30 SERIES CONNECTIVITY

Associate
Hello there

Might be kinda dumb question but my knowledge is not great so I'd like some clarification please.

As most of you people in here I'm thinking of a possible upgrade to one of the new ones but I hear a lot of "new connectors/12pins/needs new motherboard/pcie 4th gen(?) etc

I'd like to get some general infos on
1. Are these gpus coming with a new way of connection to PSU/Motherboard?
2. What exactly are the differences
3. Can they be supported by older mobo/cpu/psu?

I'll give an example on my system
Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
Ryzen 2700X
Corsair RM750 Psu

Thanks in advance people
Have a nice day

Associate
I dont think this is something you should be worried about the new 12pin seems only for the FE cards to save space on the PCB adapters should be included with ur card, the aftermarket cards should still use the old 8pin connectors every psu worth using has plenty of those.

Caporegime
1. They’re PCI 4.0, but they’ll run perfectly well on PCI 3.0
2. Many differences to list, you need to check the spec sheets
3. Yes. Your current is probs a X370, B450 or X470. All will handle the card perfectly well. As for PSU, any solid and reliable model with upwards of around 650w should be fine. You’re current one meets that criteria. I’m pretty sure all Gigabytes 3080’s use the standard 2X8 power connection.

Soldato
They are supplying the cards with 2x8 pins to 12 pin connectors. So you'll be fine. Also the new cards will be backward compatible with PCI-E 3.0 but you may loose the IO feature.

Back
Top Bottom