Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Associate
I was starting to worry that these card being so massive would cause issues with horizontal watercooling the card in my O11DXL, from what I can see the 3080/90 appear to be massive cards but the dimensions listed don't support this. My Asus Strix 1080ti is 298x134x52mm, the Zotac 3090 trinity listed here is 317.8x120.7x58mm so a little longer than my 1080ti but height from the pcie slot to the top of the card looks marginally less :confused:

If that's correct I can still mount the card with cooler horizontally in my case and wont have to resort to a vertical GPU bracket (although I am tempted to do that anyway).

Any thoughts?

Associate
All of them nowadays afaik law changed at lest in us if it goes for the void warranty stickers. I remember @MSIUK Support was ok with cooler removal as long as you put it back together for warranty and sent it back in original undamaged state.
Gigabyte didn't have anm issue with me removing my cooler but did warn me evident damage from doing so or tampering would void the warrenty and advised against it. Despite taking it off, changing pastes and thermal pads the problem I had ended up needing an RMA and it went without a hitch.

If you do it right theres not many times they'll know you've taken it off unless they put those warrenty void if removed stickers every where like a certain company does....

Associate
I've checked the EKWB website and this is the only card they have come up with confirmed to work with the EK waterblock right now : https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-44h-as.html

Other card I guess will be confirmed later. But at least we have an idea which one to get to guarantee it works with the EK waterblock. Hopefully it will be in stock at launch.

Go to https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/ and then on the right select the card for info.

I'm hoping that list fills out the closer we get to launch.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So reference pcb is higher than pci slots, even though FE isn’t, **** you Nvidia, I don’t want to be getting too close to the glass on my O11 :( here’s hoping for lots of FE blocks soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looking through the ek Facebook comments on release day, it looks like they do plan on making an FE block. So I think I’m in on FE, just custom cables to do now!

Associate
Gigabyte Aorus xtreme WB cards on the way, be interesting to see if they use the same design as the 20 series cards.

uPOZPXf.jpg
This is what I'll be looking for, not had Gigabyte let me down yet, theres always time of course :p bUt looking forward to these cards, hopefully with a strong power delivery such as Asus's 3 8-pin Strix card.

Soldato
This is what I'll be looking for, not had Gigabyte let me down yet, theres always time of course :p bUt looking forward to these cards, hopefully with a strong power delivery such as Asus's 3 8-pin Strix card.
Same, i have the 2080 version of their aorus xtreme wb card and its awesome but i know what you mean it would be nice to have the extra power delivery. If all else fails i got this to fall back to :p

Associate
I'm chomping at the bit, NVidia know people like me will be. I've had plenty of use out of my 1080Ti, skipped the 2000 series and am ready for an upgrade. Just want to make sure that whatever I end up with, is easily 'waterblockable'.

Have been looking at the AIB cards trying to ascertain which ones might be reference design, so far the Asus TUF one looks like it is but I would prefer not to buy Asus out of principle unless I have to.

Soldato
I'm chomping at the bit, NVidia know people like me will be. I've had plenty of use out of my 1080Ti, skipped the 2000 series and am ready for an upgrade. Just want to make sure that whatever I end up with, is easily 'waterblockable'.

Have been looking at the AIB cards trying to ascertain which ones might be reference design, so far the Asus TUF one looks like it is but I would prefer not to buy Asus out of principle unless I have to.
Given the choice of AIB cards i would get a gigabyte or EVGA card, gigabyte for warranty and EVGA for build quality is usually better than most. Zotac would be okay as well but its been a while since i've had one of them. I really hope an FE block comes out before the cards are released though, thats me hoping.

Associate
Given the choice of AIB cards i would get a gigabyte or EVGA card, gigabyte for warranty and EVGA for build quality is usually better than most. Zotac would be okay as well but its been a while since i've had one of them. I really hope an FE block comes out before the cards are released though, thats me hoping.
But what if they buy one of those cards and no waterblock is compatible because they've moved some caps around, or something.

Back
Top Bottom