How much are you paying for your internet

Associate
BT FTTP 150/30, 40 quid month, but got 125 cashback and first three months for free (think it's an 18 month contract).

The free three months was due to my install date being delayed because of Covid.

Soldato
OP
When ppl have BT FTTP, are you in blocks of flats or relatively new developments?

there is just no such facilities anywhere near london for existing properties

Associate
I only have Virgin M200 line, (was called a Gamer) no TV or phone and was paying £43/M. It’s just gone UP to £48.50!
I called to see if I could get a reduction as I’d done that a few years ago but was told I am already getting a reduction as the price should be £50+. I wasn’t offered any further reduction at all, very disappointing.
I’m out of contract so can leave but we are going to be moving house in 3 to 6 months and I’ve no idea yet if Virgin (or any other broadband supplier) is in the area so am not wanting to start a new contract. The lady I spoke to said that if I did start a new contract then moved and wanted to cancel I would be charged or could sign the contract over to the new home owner, neither is an option I am willing to go through.
I’m thinking of leaving Virgin now and using our Vodafone mobile data (60GB/M) instead. I think I can use it as a WiFi hotspot.

All in all not very happy with Virgin, and I’ve been with them for 15 or so years.

Soldato
Going from Virgin to 4g will be objectively worse in every way other than price.

60gb is nothing these days for a fixed line home connection.

Soldato
OP
using 4G off mobile phone is bad. I know there are 4G internet suppliers but i dont think they operate on the same bandwidth as the mobile networks therefore less conjestion and much better latencies.

Associate
I think then I’ll stay using the Virgin broadband for now. It’s rolling month by month so I can leave when we move without any problem. It’s just painful paying nearly £50 a month.

Soldato
I think then I’ll stay using the Virgin broadband for now. It’s rolling month by month so I can leave when we move without any problem. It’s just painful paying nearly £50 a month.
Call and tell them you want to disconnect and when they say they can't do anything for you actually give them your month notice. You'll get a call back from outbound retentions I'm a few days who can actually give you a decent deal.

I'm on M200 with evening and weekend calls and the their top tv package including BT Sport and an extra V6 box and paying £45 a month for it.

You need to go through the same process every year though but it's worth it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom