Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 & 2 Collection

Soldato
Tried it briefly this morning and it seems perfect so far. The look, gameplay, music and maxed out it seems to run flawlessly locked to 90fps. Fov slider really helps with making it easier to choose your lines and get used to the parks.

I didn't mind paying extra compared to key sites on steam as I've had free games from epic like remnant, soma etc.

Associate
Well been playing for a few hours now. Its absolutely amazing, except for one aspect....I suck.
There a point on the mall where I used to be able to get a 1m+ combo, I struggled to get 50k.

My 40+ year old reflexes have clearly declined more than I though.

I felt the same. I'm now scoring 200k plus so I am improving slowly

Underboss
After playing SKATE, Skater XL and Session I'm not sure I can go back to the controls from TH.

Might wait till it's on Steam and on sale before I get it.

Soldato
I bought this morning and 2h, 0 minutes and 17 seconds later I've 100% both thps1 and 2! Highest score of 1.2m and highest combo of 940,000!

It plays very well but having played 1 and 2 fairly recently there are a few differences. Tricks and your skater definitely feel slightly slower than the old games but the trade off is much easier control at low speeds. I also noticed that when you rage restart a level I'm already holding Ollie before the level loads in and it doesn't recognise it but the old games don't have that problem. The main menu is the usual modern overload of information and I don't know what half of it does. Some of the new rap music is terrible.

Very fun game though!

Associate
For all the good things I like about this game I do have one serious niggle, got 100% on chad, went to change skater, & the goals dont come back, I'm pretty positive you used to have to do all goals with all chars in the originals, this means that your just skating round on other skaters just to pick up the stat points which is really disappointing.

Soldato
For all the good things I like about this game I do have one serious niggle, got 100% on chad, went to change skater, & the goals dont come back, I'm pretty positive you used to have to do all goals with all chars in the originals, this means that your just skating round on other skaters just to pick up the stat points which is really disappointing.

Yes you could in the previous games and you unlocked various skaters, maps and cheats for each complete run through with a character. Not having this has killed the replayability for me, unless I want to try to speed run but I'm not that good!

It's worse than that as you still need to faff through the levels to find the stat points - why not have the collected stat points apply to all skaters so you don't need to flick through each level for 30 seconds to find the 2 to 4 stat points in each, if you're not going to make us play each career mode with each skater!?

The more I play it the worse I think of the game tbh. The core skating gameplay is great but the surrounding game less so

Soldato
I don't mind the level challenges the way they are including collecting stat points, but they should have locked levels away from free skate until unlocked in the main game. That and recognise ollie button hold upon restarting. Minor issues though :D

Soldato
I dont know if it will make any difference but there is a thread about this on the activision forums:

https://support.activision.com/comm...-reset-challenges-and-play-them-as-other-pros

Considering how well recieved the game is and the menu system listing different Career Modes (or whatever they've called it) I would not be surprised if they expanded the game so I am hopeful they will add an option to add the individual career for each skater back in.

When I was playing THPS2 back in the day I made a new save file for each skater I completed it as, so I never unlocked anything other than officer dick lol:(

Don
I refunded as i wasn't feeling it - The above makes me glad i did. £40 for 2 hours of game play??

While I'm sure it's possible to finish all goals on both thps1 and 2 in 2 hours, that would be doing it a big disservice.

The amount of challenges available, speedrun leaderboards and the online multiplayer mean I've already spend 5 hours on it, and I've not yet finished either of the single player "tours". (Especially on the PS4 as I don't consider a game "finished" unless I've got the platinum trophy)

Back
Top Bottom