Intel AX200 Wifi 6 pcie card 5Ghz - No internet.

Caporegime
I've had this Asus branded intel network card for about a month now but in the last week its gone sketchy.
A few people on the web seem to be suffering alike but as of now there's no satisfactory Fix. Intel are saying its not their fault.

Issues in a nutshell.

Its great on 2.4ghz - everything works as expected. When i connect to the 5ghz home network it connects but with the warning, no internet. Its almost like its not getting an IP address.

There are some "fixes" forcing it to use only a channel width of 20 on 5g... This works but its as slow as 2.4..ghz.

A lot of of laptops have this m2 card inside. Has anyone else come across the issue and had any luck?

It must be software/driver related because it was working a charm.

I really dont want to roll back windows but i guess that will confirm it for sure...

its the GF computer too so she always gets nervous when i fiddle with it....

i've spent about 2h "wasted" reinstalling it with various drivers and its no better.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Well i have installed this driver and no joy and finally a new one 21.120.0 released on 1st september.

Nothing...

I guess ill ignore the problem and hopefully its fixed soon.

Caporegime
OP
Hello and thanks.

its this one. I used the ocuk link as to avoid problems

AX6000

It has worked very well in the past few weeks. 1.2Gbs connection speed. RX/TX whatever its called. Im a bit rusty.
I upgraded the firmware also in the router today incase that was necessary. Nothing changed. Same issues.

The router is connected via bridge mode to a Huawei 535 4g modem that supplies my house with a tasty 99mbits of bandwidth, due to me living in the dumbest neighbourhood in Sweden, not that this should play any role in the problem....

Soldato
Hello and thanks.

its this one. I used the ocuk link as to avoid problems

AX6000

It has worked very well in the past few weeks. 1.2Gbs connection speed. RX/TX whatever its called. Im a bit rusty.
I upgraded the firmware also in the router today incase that was necessary. Nothing changed. Same issues.

The router is connected via bridge mode to a Huawei 535 4g modem that supplies my house with a tasty 99mbits of bandwidth, due to me living in the dumbest neighbourhood in Sweden, not that this should play any role in the problem....

You are so similar to me. I have the Huawei B818-263 connected around the house via Homeplugs. I then use the TP-Link AX3000 (AX50) WiFi Router in AP mode. If only I had the Intel AX200 card I could have tried some testing for you. :( I was actually looking to put this card into a laptop but I think the aerials are only 1x1 so seems daft replacing the current card with the AX200.

So have you changed anything in the AX6000? Are you manually setting 2.4Ghz to 20Mhz and then bonding 5GHz up to 80Mhz? Sometimes you get problems with connectivity if you go too high (like 160Mhz width) but I guess the AX200 should support that channel width (in theory)? Are the NIC settings left on AUTO or have you matched the channel bandwidths up to what is set on the TP-Link Router?

I take it with the TP-Link AX6000 you have set it to AP Mode and disabled DHCP? And assigned it a static IP via the Huawei? And disabled WiFi on the Huawei?

Cheers.

Caporegime
OP
Fast answer cos im cooking :p

I've literally changed nothing from default settings or auto from day one.

The 4g router in bridge goes into the WAN port of the AX6000 and it takes over all the DHCP for the house/network.

I have about 15 devices on the 5ghz channel 10 on the 2.4ghz 3 wired. inc my phones, TVs, my PC. all are flawless.

Its working fine on everything except this one PC with the AX3000 network card and this fault has only developed very recently.

Nothing has changed... no software or anything, up until i started to interfere.

Soldato
Fast answer cos im cooking :p

I've literally changed nothing from default settings or auto from day one.

The 4g router in bridge goes into the WAN port of the AX6000 and it takes over all the DHCP for the house/network.

I have about 15 devices on the 5ghz channel 10 on the 2.4ghz 3 wired. inc my phones, TVs, my PC. all are flawless.

Its working fine on everything except this one PC with the AX3000 network card and this fault has only developed very recently.

Nothing has changed... no software or anything, up until i started to interfere.

Haha ok. Hmm sounds all fine. Like you say then, the fault has only developed recently on the Intel card... nothing has changed. Surely it has to be a fault then. Do you have another working device you could whip the card into to see if the issue follows the card? I know it isn't really acceptable but you could buy a new one to test? Are they much? I think about 20 quid in the UK... but I guess that's not the point.

Hope you get it sorted! :)

Caporegime
OP
i can stick it in this pc if i have to yes.

Thanks.

The thing that worries me is that this fault, or one like it has been reported off and on since the cards release, i only read about it now of course. Typical.
Yeah its no big deal really just a ball ache that its been fine then it dies in such an obscure way.... must be windows related,...

Soldato
What does the windows problem solving wizard say the issue is?

Can you post up a screenshot of the IPv4 or IPv6 configuration on the adapter please so we can see if it is getting an IP address and if so, in which range.

Permabanned
I have had this card (1year approx )but never had any of the BSOD issue but its not enabled 24/7, The BT 5.1 side is used more.

This was fixed the other day:

https://mspoweruser.com/intels-wifi...using-windows-10-bsod-but-there-is-now-a-fix/

I already had this driver due to DriverFusion, it seems to keep my WIFI/BT up to date even at times before Intel site but I only allow Signed Drivers in its settings.

I know it will not help the OP reading above but may help others.

I was on a VM HUB3 now VM HUB4 with it.

Associate
I know this is an old thread, but I hope this may come in handy for others as well!

I tried most common fixes like fresh install of drivers/OS/factory reset on phone, etc. Nothing worked, still getting No Internet when connecting to the hotspot.

Here's how I fixed it:
Under the Network and Internet Settings tab - Change adapter options - right click on Wi-Fi Adapter - Properties - Client for Microsoft Networks - Configure - Advanced - Under Property, select '802.11a/b/g Wireless Mode' - Set the Value to 'Dual Band 802.11a/g' rather than 'Dual Band 802.11a/b/g'.

This resolved the 'no internet' issue without deprecation in speeds.

Hope this helps y'all :)

Back
Top Bottom