• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
EhbCWEyUMAAzgec

That's the EVGA XC3 in an image rather than a render. Looks nice imo. Quite understated. Not overly wide so helpful to me with an o-11 air case.

Soldato
Had a titan x a few years back, only fe card I've ever owned. Build quality was amazing, makes most other third party cards feel like cheap cobbled together crap even if their coolers are far better.

Same with the Titan V i got to replace my dead 1080Ti Strix during the mining boom. Build quality was far better than the Asus cards I've had.

My friend at work has purposely kept his old crappy case so his wife doesn't realise he's been upgrading.

I still have the same Chassis as well, but they can't tell the difference between the Titan V, or the GTX 580 that replaced it recently. :p

Doubt anyone would notice the 3090.

That's the EVGA XC3 in an image rather than a render. Looks nice imo. Quite understated. Not overly wide so helpful to me with an o-11 air case.

Reminds me of the Sapphire Fury Cards

Soldato
Displayport 1.4 doesn't match HDMI 2.1 specs, you'd be sacrificing either audio or image. HDMI 2.1 allows 8k 60fps 4:4:4 10 bit HDR and eARC (with Dolby Atmos) - while Displayport 1.4 cannot match that output.

Yes but if you are using a HDMI 2.0 TV, you can get 4k 60 using a DP 1.4 > HDMI cable?

Soldato
Terrible phone autocorrect
Hope you come back and let us know what she wanted :p

New Kitchen maybe :p
Nothing, she told me to get whatever I want. Last year when I got a bonus she told me to buy a full over the top build
Ended up with 2950x 32gb ram 1000w seasonic titanium power supply with full nvme storage of 3TB

was going to just get a 2700x.

Missus also told me to buy the 3090 as well but I'm still on the fence with the 3080

Im mixed to me 3080 feels like a massive set up over 1080ti however I'm going to dodge 4000s and I'm taking at 4k 120hz not sure 3080 will handle that for that long no matter what Nvidia says

I told my wife I was getting a 3090, she said she wanted a new handbag so now im getting a 3080.
My wife understands I work hard for my money and have far amount of savings. Although to be fair after this purchase we will saving for a house so possibly last big purchase I want to make for a while.

Need your wife to chat with my wife so that this makes sense to her! :p
Haha, she understands she has her hobbies I have mine. I may have taken over our 3m desk during lockdown to point she no longer has any of it. (Bought a of cx48) for work purposes.. she has a large bookcase full of 300+ books.

It's when your playing 5 hours straight on a bunch of steam games and she comes over with fresh cans of coke, lunch and big kiss your know your on to a winner. :D

That's the point where you put that keyboard and mouse down and have a break. ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
IMO 99% of the 3rd party cards with 2 or 3 big fans blowing air in every direction (for years now) were awful looking (puts me in mind of a mod someone did years ago with massive fan strapped to a GPU, of coarse it will cool better).

I preferred the look of the FE blower and the build quality of it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
The EVGA one looks cheap (one with red on it), only one I would touch would be the Hybrid but prefer 140mm fans and its a 240mm Rad so 120mm fans (better than the Hybrid 2000 series model with a 120mm Rad though).

Back
Top Bottom