• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
I think these are underwhelming when compared to the suggestion of 40-50% improvements. I can get within about 15% of those benchmark scores with my 3800x and a mildly overclocked 2080ti. People with better kit and more know-how will be knocking on the door with current hardware surely?

I guess the key is whether and how much the new cards can be pushed above stock. If they overclock well and can show similar improvements vs stock as the 2080ti does, then fair play..

Soldato
I wonder how well these would run on a 3080 with Ryzen 5 3600

I'd like to know this too, 3600 owner here!

Pretty confidant the 3600 won't bottleneck a 3080 but would be great to see benches though.

We'll have all the reviews and benchmarks we can eat soon. I have a feeling 3600 will be fine for many years to come and diminishing returns for anything else.

Not too different imo, 4K is still gpu-bound heavily. Some games will be exceptions like Far Cry where Intel has 10-20% lead tho, but rare.

Soldato
Agreed.

£450 gets you the whole machine, which will likely play games just as well, if not better than a 3070 due to console optimisations etc.
yep with ya, it's gonna look the business in one easy package, no drivers, no nonsense plug in, this is what has plagued PC's for years... and this time around for once the consoles will be give or take as good... with limitations... where'as before they simply weren't

HRL

HRL

Soldato
EhbCWEyUMAAzgec

That's the EVGA XC3 in an image rather than a render. Looks nice imo. Quite understated. Not overly wide so helpful to me with an o-11 air case.

How can you tell how wide that is from that angle?

Could be a 4-slotter!

Associate
Guys, I'm sorry but I caved and decided to grab a second hand 2080Ti for £500, a serious upgrade from my 1080 whatever happens (and I think I can move that on for £200ish).

I was tempted to try and grab a 3070, but now will sit back and watch these threads with the popcorn out over the next few weeks.

Soldato
Guys, I'm sorry but I caved and decided to grab a second hand 2080Ti for £500, a serious upgrade from my 1080 whatever happens (and I think I can move that on for £200ish).

I was tempted to try and grab a 3070, but now will sit back and watch these threads with the popcorn out over the next few weeks.
Imo 2080 ti will still be better. Only bad aspect to it is the lack of warranty.

Associate

£500??????? did it have 4 years warranty :D

Back
Top Bottom