• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So, decided on a 3080? Which manufacturer and why?

Associate
Per title, who's brand are you going to go for, and what made you choose them? Personally, I think I'm going Gigabyte for their warranty being Uk based, and the more than helpful rep here :)

What say you, the masses?

Soldato
Which ever one that is a) not stupidly overpriced compared to the competition (looking at you Asus) and, b) will work in my NZXT H1.

The vertical design and position of the GPU in the H1 means, from what I can tell at least, the Founders design is not ideal.

Soldato
Likely basic Giga or MSI for me, depending on pricing. I haven't completely ruled out the FE yet, but suspect the cooler won't be up to the job of both cool and quiet …. luckily there might be some info on that on the 14th :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Wait for the reviews, due to the unusual nature of the cards I am sure there will be some surprises from the different vendors as to how good or bad the individual cards are.

Soldato
Eagle OC.

Cheap, proven cooler, has 2 HDMI 2.1 outputs, and Gigabyte has RMA bases close by. What else is there?
Might go Gaming OC depending on reviews & price difference, for that 2nd bios, but otherwise the rest are just too expensive for what would be a 5% difference at most for easily $100 more.

Associate
If i get one its going to be the Founders edition (reviews pending) just looks well made and swish. Looks only matter the day you open the box though. So its review dependent.

Associate
I am really liking the Zotac Trinity at the moment.. More worried on availability on the day though.
For me i'm not too interested in the FE cards

Although (somewhat over priced in my eyes) i like the MSI Trio too

Soldato
Heads up, that no longer the case apparently. No longer in UK and it’s gone downhill.

EVGA definitely give less Fs about their UK customer base as mentioned lately. Closing down the UK RMA centre namely and seemed to have binned their UK social media accounts with it (no posts since Jul-Nov’19)

But I think they can still provide ‘good service’. Just the costly shipping to Germany being the main problem. And clearly a lack of focus on the UK customer base being a kick in the face.

Still I think it’s enough to turn me off them... Personally thinking FE, Gigabyte or Zotac for my 3080 choice. All have UK RMA bases.

Like everyone else though, decision pending the FE reviews on Monday.

Soldato
Heads up, that no longer the case apparently. No longer in UK and it’s gone downhill.
Are nuts.
Hopefully EVGA support see this and can confirm if it’s the case. I’m sure an EVGA support account existed in these forums not long ago
I would buy EVGA based on my previous 4 or 5 GPUs and PSU but now not sure

Associate
I am probably going with a founders edition, never used anything else. Pretty unfortunate to hear about EVGA's downscaling of their UK operations, I have never had an issue with their cards.

Back
Top Bottom