• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
I was thinking I would need dual HDMI card..

But actually I think it may be posible to use a DP > HDMI cable from the GPU > AV receiver for audio only and that would give me all sound formats such as atmos etc?

Soldato
its all going to be subjective about the 2080TI result depending on CPU/overclocks etc...
Precisely. We really need those benchmarks from trusted reviewers like GN.

I'm in the tricky position where a) I'm really really itching for this upgrade from my 980ti and am using a gsync monitor, b) am worried that if I wait for AMD and they aren't competitive it will worsen price gouging and stock shortages.

So right now I'm thinking I'll jump on a FE 3080 card, assuming reviews are positive on Tuesday, but if there are any serious misgivings after reviews, I'll hang about and see what happens when the dust settles.

Soldato
Seems rather good really the FE, only potential issue for me is the 1 x HDMI, but can anyone confirm if they have a 1 x HDMI 2080 for example and manage to get 5.1 / atmos HD audio from a DP > HDMI > AVR ?

Also I have already read that 4k60 is ok with a DP > HDMI adapter. Then the next potential issue is getting audio. From what I have read, think I might be able to get away with adapters?

Caporegime
I was thinking I would need dual HDMI card..

But actually I think it may be posible to use a DP > HDMI cable from the GPU > AV receiver for audio only and that would give me all sound formats such as atmos etc?

It does indeed work

Before I had an AVR with eARC that is exactly how I used to do it

HDMI to TV for video signal and DP to HDMI cable to the AVR for audio.

Man of Honour
because that's exactly what it is - and it's probably going to run hot because gigabyte is known for that, their 2080to entry card would hit 80c+ and so will this

The Eagle is the replacement for the Windforce - the Gaming OC is supposed to be a higher segment card.

Shame coz their older Windforce cooling was pretty decent - on my GHz edition it did a great job.

Permabanned
You are late to the party, that BS was already posted.

Try no to miss the AMD Hype Train though, Choo, choo (comes once every few years and always disappoints).

Back
Top Bottom