• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
The AIB’s are a doing a crapton of marketing and building mindshare.

let’s say nvidia dumps them and amd become competitive. Now you got 1 vs many. I’m sure they want the Apple model but not sure if the industry is built for it.

I think for Pascal the AIBs sold founders edition cards too. Haven't done that since.

Associate
I can't see how apple can control the market :confused:
I never owned an iphone or imac or ipad

A lot people i know have a samsung mobile phone and a PC

Fine, I will play along.

There are many ways to interpret market control. One of them, as you suggested, is to just look at market share. But then, there's also this Apple way of asserting control. If you want to do any kind of digital business with Apple customers you've got to first get past the gatekeepers appointed by Apple, Apple is like a federal tax agency that collects VAT on all digital sales done within its "territory". And then there's a significantly large portion of Apple's customer base that's foolish enough to lock into the ecosystem.. these are the kind of people who will only surround them with Apple devices. Do you believe component suppliers like Nvidia or Intel or AMD can assert control 'like Apple' in consumer business?

And let's be rational with our treatment of "control", it doesn't mean anything if it can't generate a multiplying financial impact like unlocking new streams of revenue or creation of new business models.

Soldato
It does indeed work

Before I had an AVR with eARC that is exactly how I used to do it

HDMI to TV for video signal and DP to HDMI cable to the AVR for audio.

Thanks very helpful, how does it go about it, does it recognise the AVR as another screen? Do you have to use extend / duplicate screens?

Soldato
I do believe these are real, there's enough of them out there to be leaked correct results now.

Hardly next gen is it lol, don't believe the hype.

Read the description. It’s the same ‘Chinese benchmark leak’ dataset, which dozens of media sites have shared, put into their own graphs, made alternate videos etc. It’s all from the same leak.

I’m still impressed with those numbers tbh. Quite a good upgrade for me still coming from a 2070 Super. But I’ll wait and see for real reviews and benchmarks on (now) Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom