• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
So to double check this, can you get EARC (eg. atmos) using DP++ to HDMI? I know you can get normal ARC and cannot see a reason why you couldn't get EARC, but would like to confirm this would be very helpful if anyone can confirm!

Permabanned
But Nvidia didn't call it Turing did they, they called it Ampere and specifically stated it was next gen.
It Is Next Gen in my eyes Turding was Not NExt Gen 20% jump from my Pascal for over 1k ?? LOL

Still way ahead of the upcomming SMALL navi after leaked benchmarks came out yesterday

Finally they have something as fast as 2080ti :D Would rather buy the AMD BIKE than this gpu as it Does not deliver.

AMD-Radeon-RX-6000-Series-RDNA-2-Graphics-Card_Alleged-Benchmarks_2.png

Last edited:
Associate
I really don’t understand why people like the actual coolers any of these cards come with. They are all terrible really. Yes I know this is a sweeping statement - but - when you have seen an G12/AIO running at 45 degrees with the card boosting all day long at max frequency at 100% load with MSI afterburners power and temp limits at max, for a tiny 25 pound outlay plus an AIO, you won’t ever go back. Good news is you just use it again and again.

Keep in mind it doesn't always work so well for every card, some configurations are more fiddly than others. Then there's risk to consider of messing with the card and installing it, which not everyone's comfortable with. And on top of that in Europe consumer protection is actually weaker than in the States when you take the card apart so you have more of a chance to be denied RMA. On top of it all - you can actually get, for ex. on a 2080 Ti, 2 Ghz boost clock with pretty much any of the air cooled variants and without the cards spinning like mad making lots of noise - so why bother? Lower temps are nice and all, but lower temps for the sake of lower temps is just vanity if performance is otherwise the same.

People also seem to forget that AIOs for GPUs don't cool the VRMs or memory, hence why I'd always go air or full block.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
So to double check this, can you get EARC (eg. atmos) using DP++ to HDMI? I know you can get normal ARC and cannot see a reason why you couldn't get EARC, but would like to confirm this would be very helpful if anyone can confirm!
Ill be tring this later with the club 120hz 4k adapter

Associate
It Is Next Gen in my eyes Turding was Not NExt Gen 20% jump from my Pascal for over 1k ?? LOL

Yeah definitely not I agree but Ngreedia called Turing next gen as well, which we all know was complete tosh performance wise not to mention the daft price, how people fell for that is beyond me.

I mean I get the money no object people but still lol.

Permabanned
Yeah definitely not I agree but Ngreedia called Turing next gen as well, which we all know was complete tosh performance wise not to mention the daft price, how people fell for that is beyond me.

I mean I get the money no object people but still lol.
Im not retard to listen what Jensen says I see Numbers and I see what I get. 40-60% jump from pascal + raytracing is a Next get to Me.
When I'w seen numbers of 2080ti i was like This is it ?? Thats not worth an upgrade lol.

Associate
Im not retard to listen what Jensen says I see Numbers and I see what I get. 40-60% jump from pascal + raytracing is a Next get to Me.
When I'w seen numbers of 2080ti i was like This is it ?? Thats not worth an upgrade lol.

Me neither, take anything these marketing folk with a pinch of salt, that's goes for everything not just electronics, businesses are out there to scam as much as they can out of you.

Apparently it cost about 250 dollars to manufacture a 3080 lol, obviously that doesn't include marketing, research etc but it makes you think no wonder their shares are on the moon lol.

Well good luck getting one next week, I'll be watching with interest.

Associate
Keep in mind it doesn't always work so well for every card, some configurations are more fiddly than others. Then there's risk to consider of messing with the card and installing it, which not everyone's comfortable with. And on top of that in Europe consumer protection is actually weaker than in the States when you take the card apart so you have more of a chance to be denied RMA. On top of it all - you can actually get, for ex. on a 2080 Ti, 2 Ghz boost clock with pretty much any of the air cooled variants and without the cards spinning like mad making lots of noise - so why bother? Lower temps are nice and all, but lower temps for the sake of lower temps is just vanity if performance is otherwise the same.
All that is very true but a cooler card makes for a much cooler system overall which is preferable in my mind.

Associate
Wait, we have to wait until Wednesday now?? That's some BS right there.

I'm sick of being blue-balled by nvidia, screw it, I'm going to spend my money on a Babestation 5 and a Sexbot series XXX, that's where the action is in the next couple of years imo.

I'm going to go hug my 2080ti, even if it's getting a lot of internet mockery right now, I still love you. Even if you were a pricey bitch.

Permabanned
I'm very put off by the power requirements of the 30 series as I see these as 350W heaters. I'll probably go for a 3080 and frame cap to keep temps down. Yes, the GPU will report a low temp, but it's the amount of heat that is being dumped in the room that concerns.

It's got me wondering If we will see a node shrink next year to 7 or even 5nm? I find it hard to believe Nvidia started Ampere's design with this much power usage in mind.

Soldato
Wait, we have to wait until Wednesday now?? That's some BS right there.

I'm sick of being blue-balled by nvidia, screw it, I'm going to spend my money on a Babestation 5 and a Sexbot series XXX, that's where the action is in the next couple of years imo.

I'm going to go hug my 2080ti, even if it's getting a lot of internet mockery right now, I still love you. Even if you were a pricey bitch.

Isnt the NDA lifted on the FE edition tomorrow?

edit: NVIDIA in a GeForce community forums post by staff member, announced that reviews of the GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition have been delayed to September 16, with the review NDA lifting at 6:00 AM Pacific Time. This NDA was originally slated to be lifted on September 14. According to Reddit post by an NVIDIA representative "NV-Tim," the delay was in response to certain reviewers requesting more time from NVIDIA as COVID-19 impacted their sampling logistics.

I would love someone to drop the list of the reviewers who asked this to be pushed back.... the hate they would get would need its own review

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom