• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Its called Quadro though, not Titan

https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-quadro-ampere-cards-10752-cuda-cores-48gb-gddr6

10752 cores
48GB GDDR6 @ 384bit 768GB/s

They had to use GDDR6 to get to 48GB as it cant be done with GDDR6X

Could be built on TSMC 7nm and not Samsung 8nm - boost clock is 160mhz higher than the 3090.

Could be a case of Nvidia re-branding at its finest, If they release an officially named Titan at say £2500 then the 3090 is clearly not a Titan class card as Jense
n put it, it's clearly a 3080ti class card that there asking £1400+ for, so I'd be surprised if they have an official Titan at all, calling it a Quadro fits the bill perfectly and do Quodros ever have a boost clock over the gaming cards? Seems strange to me, Marketing at its finest so people will happily pay £1400+ for a ti, well played Nvidia(or I could be talking *#£&) :p

Caporegime
Thanks very helpful, how does it go about it, does it recognise the AVR as another screen? Do you have to use extend / duplicate screens?

I had a whole thread about this: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...-audio-via-arc-not-earc-stereo-only.18870473/

Specifically post 36: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/33258024

UPDATE

It only flippin' worked!

Bought a basic 'Display port to HDMI' cable, plugged it in to the spare Display Port output and voila - All the multi-channel surround options:

DPtoHDMI_01.jpg
DPtoHDMI_02.jpg

The key is that you need a passive adapter, not an active one.

Soldato
Nope and none. It's been pushed back to the 16th. :o

What are the odds someone will "leak" their results tomorrow, if only briefly, and claim they didn't realise the NDA had been moved? :)

I want a 3090 so bad but for no reason other than I just want it lmao, I have a 2070s and play at 120hz 3440x1440, I cap the refresh rate in nearly every game I play I could easily wait for the 3080s or w.e its called to launch but im a upgrade addict, must.... resist

At least you're honest! Unlike most people who desperately try to come up with some hopeless justification for why they actually need a 3090.

Soldato
Could be a case of Nvidia re-branding at its finest, If they release an officially named Titan at say £2500 then the 3090 is clearly not a Titan class card as Jense
n put it, it's clearly a 3080ti class card that there asking £1400+ for, so I'd be surprised if they have an official Titan at all, calling it a Quadro fits the bill perfectly and do Quodros ever have a boost clock over the gaming cards? Seems strange to me, Marketing at its finest so people will happily pay £1400+ for a ti, well played Nvidia(or I could be talking *#£&) :p

Associate
A decent quadro usually starts around 4-5000. Also whats the deal with OCUK not seeming to sell decent display port cables, only old slower ones.

Soldato
Doesn’t make any sense what so ever to delay benchmarks ! Just let us bloody see them.

all reviewers need to get the cards or it's not fair

reviews were delayed because ups shipping out of the US is horrible right now and reviewers in countries outside the US had no received the cards yet

Soldato
Permabanned
^^ Thats the guy who buys a 3080/3090 to pair with his 4770k

Is it a meme then? The jokes on them though i own a 4770k and a 2080ti and would drop in a 3080 no problem. In the games i play its GPU and that 4770k keeps my min in wow etc at 120+. World of tanks again 200fps at 4k and Diablo 3 and many others have near 200fps at 1080p.

Overclocked, Theres nothing to laugh at and its him who will laugh now when his upgrade cycle is Zen3 and everyone else already spent thiers on Zen2. :D

Associate
Its called Quadro though, not Titan

https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-quadro-ampere-cards-10752-cuda-cores-48gb-gddr6

10752 cores
48GB GDDR6 @ 384bit 768GB/s

They had to use GDDR6 to get to 48GB as it cant be done with GDDR6X

Could be built on TSMC 7nm and not Samsung 8nm - boost clock is 160mhz higher than the 3090.

I got a heart attack.. I initially thought that this is 2x CUDA cores of 3090..but then figured they are talking about ALUs

Last thing you need when you have already made up your mind :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just watched unboxing. Pretty much the entire card is heatsink. An impressive amount of heatsink material in fact. I'm thinking that they had to keep the thing cool due to the high power demands, rather than them wanting to spend that much money on the cooling as such.

Associate
You know what would be funny, or rather not for potential purchasers that if they just came out before Wednesday and said there won't be any reviews until after Thursday :D Nvidias mentality is you have to purchase blind without seeing any results, wonder what people think then.

Back
Top Bottom