• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Sapphire have had that blow through design since the Fury, and even with Vega Use it.
Powercolour also did similar with the Fury, and Vega with gaps in the heatsink to blow through.

As for the 3080s.

Many have cut outs, and the likes of Gigabyte actively advertise that blow through
LqbHB0A.png

Galax

ivDBIrd.png

bqATJjm.png

KFA2/Galax clip on fan for that rear cutout to have even more air flow.

mrEnm0g.png

Inno3d

67fMybf.jpg
cYAi7Z9.png

Asus

uUQcW8b.png

Zotac

LKoWX3C.png

I thought you were going to post pictures of cards pre Ampere. Would i be right in assuming that the pre-ampere cards you were referring to are similar to the images you have posted?

Apart from the KFA2, the air coming out of the top will be slower than the FE cards (IMO significantly slower). From what i could see all the designs have air going travelling as such: Fan > radiator> perforated backplate. The radiator and perforated backplate will slow down the air flow.

The FE card also has a shroud that stops air from spilling out the sides of the cards and just funnels it all through the fan which forms a column of hot air (The Nvidia images for the new design show this). Unlike the cards you've pictured that allow the air to spill out into the case from the side of the GPU and mix with the ambient air, before passively rising to the CPU cooler.

I think the KFA2 with the additional fan clipped in place will have the same effect as the FE cards. The temperature rise may be lower due to the lack of the shroud that the FE card has.

Associate
TBH i can only see it as problem with my Memory overclock cause.

LlOd128.jpg

I got Fan standing on my Titans backplate blowing air directly on to DDR modules. Will need to check Stability after upgrade of memory 2 hours of memory testing hehe. Possible ill need to bump volts a bit ram. Will investigate.

@Adrian1976 this is what I consioder proper Overclockers cooling while at it poped ya photo of my passive radiator with 2l bottle next to it so ya see what sort of cooling power im talking about. Had to move stuff that stands in front of it to grab photo.

qzNIQaJ.jpg

@humbug what ya think ?? hahahaha

I'll stick with my 360 front rad, no intention of water cooling an AIB card, I'd get an FE for that if I wanted to.
http://imgur.com/a/XtEWRO8

Soldato
Think a 2080Ti hits around 40-45ish with dlss + rtx. Not really the best optimised title going so hard to judge.

So that points to a 30-40% uplift in that title's benchmark?

Reviews are going to be VERY interesting. If AMD have brought it this year at the high end, NVIDIA are in trouble which would explain why NVIDIA's pricing stategy is so forgiving this yeae.

Soldato
Does anyone know, as this would have the newest DP 1.4++, would this be able to do DP > HDMI 2.0B just with a passive DP > HDMI cable?

OR would I need something like the CAC-1080 active adapter?

For getting a signal to my TV which can do 4k60 HDR 4:2:2, would I need an active adapter, or would it be ok using a passive cable due to the card having DP 1.4++?

Anyone able to give me any info on this?

Soldato
So that points to a 30-40% uplift in that title's benchmark?

Reviews are going to be VERY interesting. If AMD have brought it this year at the high end, NVIDIA are in trouble which would explain why NVIDIA's pricing stategy is so forgiving this yeae.

It his 2080ti 45fps number is at 1440p using the same settings then the 3080 is 50% faster in this RT+DLSS benchmark

Back
Top Bottom