Disposing of old bible?

Soldato
Came across a old bible with a lot of stuff I bought. It’s in pretty beat up condition so can’t imagine it worth donating etc

am I good to stick it in recycling bin? Don’t want to be disrespectful if there is a better option.

The Illustrated National Comprehensive Family Bible: the Holy Bible with the commentaries of Scott and Henry

1850s

Caporegime
If it's that old it might be worth taking to a secondhand book store?

Edit: Also if the pages are gold trimmed (as they often are in Bibles of that age) I don't think they can be recycled unless you remove the trim?

Last edited:
Associate
God will banish you if you recycle or discard of it. Frame it and put it above your headboard and look at it saying the lords prayer every night before you rest your head.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Came across a old bible with a lot of stuff I bought. It’s in pretty beat up condition so can’t imagine it worth donating etc

am I good to stick it in recycling bin? Don’t want to be disrespectful if there is a better option.

The Illustrated National Comprehensive Family Bible: the Holy Bible with the commentaries of Scott and Henry

1850s

Check a local church, but I think recycling it should be fine.

Don't want to be disrespectful? Who too? An imaginary person?

It's like saying I don't want to throw away a Harry Potter book....

It's not even remotely the same as saying that is it?

Soldato
Check a local church, but I think recycling it should be fine.

It's not even remotely the same as saying that is it?
Agreed. I'm not even remotely religious, but that load of pages means a great deal to several billion people...so shoving it in the bin seems disrespectful to me.

If you don't want to keep it, donate it...

Associate
Don't want to be disrespectful? Who too? An imaginary person?

It's like saying I don't want to throw away a Harry Potter book....

Spat out my coffee at this. I agree though. It's just paper and text. If it was a different book you wouldnt post asking us? Nothing magical about it.

Caporegime
Agreed. I'm not even remotely religious, but that load of pages means a great deal to several billion people...so shoving it in the bin seems disrespectful to me.

If you don't want to keep it, donate it...
I think you’ll find there are hundreds of millions of people who probably think the same about the Harry Potter books.

Just get rid in whatever manner you feel fit (burning is fine, especially if you are burning it for a purpose like using the pages as firelighters, I’m not sure I’d burn any legible book just for the sake of burning it though), just don’t put your method on social media.

Soldato
if you're worried about what to do with it just keep it? can't take up much space, I'm not religious but I'd prob keep it due to the age...would be the oldest thing I own!

Associate
Bible is an anagram for le bib which is French for the bib which is an English wine company. God is telling you to exchange the bible for wine. It's biblical and you can get drunk.

Back
Top Bottom