• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The way things have gone down today has given me the worst vibe I've ever had from OcUK as a company. I haven't even ordered a card yet as I'm just not in that much of a rush. Of course companies exist to do business and turn a profit but it just feels so off this time. It won't be mentioned or it will be ignored I'm sure. The exchange rate excuse is getting very boring though.

Soldato
Also Nvidia is giving board partners a $50 discount on the 3080 chips threw September so where is this $50 saving too ? The pricing makes zero sense ..it's even worse than generations before the price gouging this time. While other places are selling and per-ordering at the MSRP.

Associate
Hopefully in the morning when board partners will hopefully have next weeks and the week after shipment detail and quantities available but won't know more until the morning and will truly know the true size of the order volume.

Can you confirm you will be honouring orders according to the time the order was made and not when payment was processed?

I ordered and paid via PayPal and my order status is still New order - awaiting payment status with no email confirmation yet while others who paid via card have had order confirmation emails already.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hopefully in the morning when board partners will hopefully have next weeks and the week after shipment detail and quantities available but won't know more until the morning and will truly know the true size of the order volume.
Thanks mate, will keep an eye out for your announcement tomorrow.

Associate
Can you confirm you will be honouring orders according to the time the order was made and not when payment was processed?

I ordered and paid via PayPal and 6 hours later my order status is still New order - awaiting payment status while others who paid via card have had order confirmation emails already.

I bought mine at 5 using card and still have the same....

Associate
I paid via Amazon and on the OC orders page it says
"Order declined - payment failed" but on amazon it still says it's pending and there's still a hold on my card. What's going on?

GAC

GAC

Soldato
The way things have gone down today has given me the worst vibe I've ever had from OcUK as a company. I haven't even ordered a card yet as I'm just not in that much of a rush. Of course companies exist to do business and turn a profit but it just feels so off this time. It won't be mentioned or it will be ignored I'm sure. The exchange rate excuse is getting very boring though.

the exchange rate excuse is comedy gold at this point, £ drops at most 4% since the 1st, so obviously prices on some cards leap over 10%. im not the brightest mathematician but claiming the exchange rates done that is utter rubbish. especially as prices where jumping up while people where checking out?!

glad i held off to wait for later in the year but this has been a total shambles. from ocuk and others as well as nvidia's dubious founders edition emails, and total lack of stock.

Soldato
the exchange rate excuse is comedy gold at this point, £ drops at most 4% since the 1st, so obviously prices on some cards leap over 10%. im not the brightest mathematician but claiming the exchange rates done that is utter rubbish. especially as prices where jumping up while people where checking out?!

glad i held off to wait for later in the year but this has been a total shambles. from ocuk and others as well as nvidia's dubious founders edition emails, and total lack of stock.
I'm dubious as I don't see those kind of changes that fast for other cards... smells of fish and there's only two things that smell of fish and ones a fish!

Associate
You're not the only one.

Associate

Makes you think about giving them more custom in the future doesn't it? Again, they're a business... but being treated with disdain isn't pleasant :).

Associate
Quite funny to see the 100+ cards on Ebay, some nice trolling bids - quite a few bids over £10k, one doing really well at £60,000.

I hope all those who brought cards to sell on straight away and in turn drive prices up (even if only for a while) received lots of grief.

Soldato
Can you confirm there was no mountain or Fort of boxes because you didn't have stock or enough to build anything of substance, rather than the nvidia won't allow us spiel :p

OcUK Staff
OP
Can you confirm there was no mountain or Fort of boxes because you didn't have stock or enough to build anything of substance, rather than the nvidia won't allow us spiel :p

Quite a few orders shipped out today, more shall ship tomorrow, we just cannot disclose numbers, more stock will arrive next week also.

Associate
The card I tried to buy this afternoon jumped £40 while in my basket after my first payment attempt was declined. Luckily I noticed before I hit checkout again! Think i’ll just buy elsewhere instead. Absolutely appalling

ljt

ljt

Soldato
So can anyone explain why this crap only happens on pc parts?

You don't see this on other high demand electronics such as the latest iPhone or android phone, nor on consoles. Their price stays fixed during release and stays fixed. They dont **** about with the prices of those every few minutes

Soldato
So can anyone explain why this crap only happens on pc parts?

You don't see this on other high demand electronics such as the latest iPhone or android phone, nor on consoles. Their price stays fixed during release and stays fixed. They dont **** about with the prices of those every few minutes

because we're an "enthusiast hobby" and will tolerate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom