New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Mine just shipped. Looks like it's coming from the Netherlands. Due on the 23rd.

Happy with that considering the ship date was 5th October when I ordered.
Bah, now people who ordered after me have had theirs ship and mine hasn't budged at all. Time to contact support I guess!

Associate
i was all set thursday to push the button on a rtx3080 when at 2.00 pm all hell broke loose a lot of sites crashed others were lockjammed when i did eventually get to them no stock everywhere seems nice scalpers cleared the stock in the first 5 minutes .itd like a repeat of the gts1080ti when those krypto ming people did the same lol
so i will like others have to wait to pair my new monitor with the new gpu.

Associate
i was all set thursday to push the button on a rtx3080 when at 2.00 pm all hell broke loose a lot of sites crashed others were lockjammed when i did eventually get to them no stock everywhere seems nice scalpers cleared the stock in the first 5 minutes .itd like a repeat of the gts1080ti when those krypto ming people did the same lol
so i will like others have to wait to pair my new monitor with the new gpu.

Same story... I actually managed to get a 3080 FE in my cart at one point but I couldn't checkout...

I'm fairly resigned to waiting for stock to be generally available before I buy one now... or wait until the 20GB model releases...

This monitor was very much a consolation prize.

Same story... I actually managed to get a 3080 FE in my cart at one point but I couldn't checkout...

I'm fairly resigned to waiting for stock to be generally available before I buy one now... or wait until the 20GB model releases...

This monitor was very much a consolation prize.
It's a vicious circle: attempt to buy a 3080, fail -> give up and attempt to buy Big Navi, fail -> attempt to buy 3080 20GB variant, fail -> _____ fill in as you wish here... Maybe buy the Dell to cheer yourself up? haha

Soldato
Same here I’ll have my new monitor before my new graphics card. Just have plod along with my rx580 until I’ve saved up enough to buy a better graphics card.

I'm only on an rx 480, but I'm quite happy with the performance, I've had to marginally lower some game settings but the over all quality of the picture/motion makes up for it... it's a really nice monitor that will last me to my next pc upgrade and beyond

Associate
well money went out my account for the screen, it seems it’s now back in my account? And the status hasn’t changed at all?

That's just how bank authorisation works. They check the transaction will be approved (funds appear to leave but it's pending). Authorisation expires but Dell claim the payment when they ship.

Associate
well money went out my account for the screen, it seems it’s now back in my account? And the status hasn’t changed at all?
This happened to me as well. Ordered on the 13th, money went "out" (not actually out, just held as a pending charge) then on the 18th the pending charge disappeared and my balance was restored.

Some google searching assured me that these pending charges can expire if the retailer does not finalise the payment, at which point the money is added back to your account balance. The retailer still can finalise the payment though so it shouldn't affect your order as long as you keep the necessary funds in your account.

Considering people who ordered after me have had their orders progress though, I've contacted Dell support for clarification.

Soldato
This happened to me as well. Ordered on the 13th, money went "out" (not actually out, just held as a pending charge) then on the 18th the pending charge disappeared and my balance was restored.

Some google searching assured me that these pending charges can expire if the retailer does not finalise the payment, at which point the money is added back to your account balance. The retailer still can finalise the payment though so it shouldn't affect your order as long as you keep the necessary funds in your account.

Considering people who ordered after me have had their orders progress though, I've contacted Dell support for clarification.
Yeah I’ve done the same as my bank balance is plus £330 again so we’ll see, strange

Associate

Be careful with this. The payment may be pre-approved pending completion even though the funds show as returned. If you were to not have enough funds when the payment completes, you would likely be forced into your overdraft (pre-arranged or otherwise) and subject to the associated bank fees.

Back
Top Bottom