• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Zotac rep underfire on Reddit with regards to the 1 - 3 % lower performance..

Associate
The weak fan curve - that can be improved easily yourself.
It down clocking more aggressively than the FE at 70c + - that can be improved by bios or mitigated by the user applying a custom fan profile.
The lower power limit than the FE - that can be improved by bios BUT the pcb may have components that cannot cope with the increased power.
Thanks for clearing this up mate

Associate
My Zotac arrived today. That tiny FPS drop is more than made up for by the quadrupling of my frame rate @ 1440p with high settings in Apex during the three months that I would otherwise have to wait to benefit from upgrading my 980ti.

If you've got a decent card already no harm in sitting it out for a bit, otherwise it's just a matter of getting whatever you can. I had my eye on the MSI Gaming Trio X, but when Gibbo posted the stock just before launch I grabbed the Zotac instead.

Hopefully they release some BIOS updates but if they don't I won't lose any sleep over it. I'm happy to sacrifice a couple of frames for a quieter card anyway. As for the PCB, it works, and it's got a 5 year warranty. If you want to push the clocks, then you wouldn't have ordered this card in the first place.

Associate
I'm in two minds about cancelling mine, something doesn't sit right with paying basically £50 over RRP for a lower performing card. Using that calc I'm 26 in the queue.

Associate
My Zotac arrived today. That tiny FPS drop is more than made up for by the quadrupling of my frame rate @ 1440p with high settings in Apex during the three months that I would otherwise have to wait to benefit from upgrading my 980ti.

If you've got a decent card already no harm in sitting it out for a bit, otherwise it's just a matter of getting whatever you can. I had my eye on the MSI Gaming Trio X, but when Gibbo posted the stock just before launch I grabbed the Zotac instead.

Hopefully they release some BIOS updates but if they don't I won't lose any sleep over it. I'm happy to sacrifice a couple of frames for a quieter card anyway. As for the PCB, it works, and it's got a 5 year warranty. If you want to push the clocks, then you wouldn't have ordered this card in the first place.
Great to hear you have yours.

Soldato
my Zotac card just arrived..... what to do now...????

c3869bf7-1427-42eb-a3e5-35db60042432.jpg

Associate

The 5 year warranty was the main selling point for these cards. Everybody else has 2 or 3 years.

The very slightly slower clocks wont make any real difference.

Associate
Mine is coming tomorrow aswell, 14:01 order time.
I'm not bothered about the 1 to 2% fps loss.. As for the PCB surely the card can't be completely crap if it has a 5 year Warranty?
I don't Overclock much at all.. Maybe a tiny OC. I usually undervolt though if performance isn't affected

Never actually paid attention to a PCB before, I thought they were all the same. Every gpu I've had in the past were all gigabyte (HD 7950s, R9 290X, RX 480 GTX 1070, RX 5700 XT.

I just wanted the warranty for some reason lol

Back
Top Bottom