• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Check what password you used and that it’s not on other accounts. Could mean it’s been hacked / resold in the past.

Yeah, this.

I've had a crazy number of 2FA messages lately. And I know my PSN account details are in the public domain (I just chuckle as the poor sods realise they can't get in :p).

Soldato
Yeah, this.

I've had a crazy number of 2FA messages lately. And I know my PSN account details are in the public domain (I just chuckle as the poor sods realise they can't get in :p).
Thanks for reminding me to activate it on mine, 2FA wasn't about when I created my PSN account!

And, just got my pre order confirmation email from Currys! :D Payment due 28 days before launch, so 1 month from now.

Associate
I'm going to pre order an xbox as well and decide which one to keep for launch. Im legit struggling to justify a ps5 at all after today.
Depends on if you have a good PC (and I'm assuming you're talking about the Bethesda stuff). For me I'll play elder scrolls games on PC and I'll buy PS5 for actual exclusives. PS5 will provide games I can't get anywhere else whereas if I have a PC then I get the PC exclusives and the Xbox console exclusives in one anyway. Personally the Bethesda thing makes no difference for me because of this, I'll only buy a console if there is a reason to buy the console. Typically the Nintendo systems have their own exclusives and the Sony ones do as well. Xbox then has console exclusives so I'll basically avoid that one and save money on the hardware and Xbox Live etc.
XX

Soldato
The narrative that's starting to form around Xbox is too hard for me to ignore, given that I'm a huge "western RPG" fan.
EidaNboUYAA-Bke

... thats impressive, and all will be on Gamepass. That's a huge money saving for me, given that I'd want to buy them all!

Soldato
Depends on if you have a good PC (and I'm assuming you're talking about the Bethesda stuff). For me I'll play elder scrolls games on PC and I'll buy PS5 for actual exclusives. PS5 will provide games I can't get anywhere else whereas if I have a PC then I get the PC exclusives and the Xbox console exclusives in one anyway. Personally the Bethesda thing makes no difference for me because of this, I'll only buy a console if there is a reason to buy the console. Typically the Nintendo systems have their own exclusives and the Sony ones do as well. Xbox then has console exclusives so I'll basically avoid that one and save money on the hardware and Xbox Live etc.
XX

I'm not interested in games like Uncharted anymore and if sony port more games to pc then I won't feel im missing out.
I prefer console over pc generally, my pc is ok but I don't like going on it so much these days.
Id play pc more if I could use it on my tv much easier because monitors are utter trash compared to decent tvs.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, this.

So they know your PSN email and password? I'd suggest changing your password. If you use a password manager like bitwarden it's easy to create strong unique passwords for every site, you only need to remember one strong master password or passphrase.

Associate
I'm not interested in games like Uncharted anymore and if sony port more games to pc then I won't feel im missing out.
I prefer console over pc generally, my pc is ok but I don't like going on it so much these days.
Id play pc more if I could use it on my tv much easier because monitors are utter trash compared to decent tvs.
I'm not typically (disliked all the uncharted games) but there's always exceptions. Even the original Last of Us was good but not fantastic in my eyes with too many Naughty Dog fans praising them regardless of the flaws, got tired of the same reused ladder puzzles etc. but was decent overall. The second game is better though and I play games like Demons Souls, Ni-Oh 2 and Sekiro mostly I'm decent at my tougher, loot based action RPG games.

I agree though, I play consoles more lately due to the ease of access to a bigger and better TV, I've always enjoyed controllers so play everything on it anyway with shooters and action games. Not many shooters lately though as I edge towards sci-fi so cyberpunk will be the first since Deus Ex (played all the Halo games too). Nothing wrong with you getting the Xbox if it fits your style and needs but I'm just pointing out that it's possible to miss the Xbox under this scenario so the M&S deal one seems a bit of a weird one for me. if Sony bought Bethesda they'd have people having to buy consoles, PSN subscriptions, DLC and other bits through them (tons of cross-sale potential). For Microsoft this certainly can happen like with yourself but there's also times like with me that I'd not be buying any of that and sure I'll buy the game but it just makes me surprised they can miss out on all that potential cross sale potential. If I had to buy a Xbox to play Elder Scrolls and they didn't release Halo elsewhere and they found just one or two other games then I'd be very very tempted to get an Xbox and they'd make bank. So not trying to insult the Xbox but just surprised on Microsoft giving such a low bar to entry and little profit from this sort of move. Can they make up the difference selling the games elsewhere? Maybe, but they surely are making their money back slower than Sony would have with all that cross sale requirement to get the games if they had bought it which is what makes me question this strategy.

Associate
Yeah the PS5 is a fairly large console but I have a reserved space for it in my entertainment center which should suffice. Although I don't really want to place it in a vertical orientation in fear of my cat knocking it over i have an old PC desk which the PS5 placed where a tower would go will work in a pinch. As for the entertainment center itself I thankfully have an empty and wide enough space to place it horizontally if need be.

Associate
One popped up at Game this morning. Got to the final stage of checkout and 'out of stock' :(

Edit: Just ordered one! Kept refreshing one of the bundle pages every 15m or so and it let me add to basket and complete the order.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom