Whats going on?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Age of Conan was a great MMO, Its shame the expansion turned it into a grindfest which cost them 50% of the playerbase then the final nail in the coffin F2P....... So you get the nerds that play 23hrs a day beat all the content then become the most vocal on the forums bemoaning how it lacks content.

(AOC also suffered from some horrendous cheating, especially the alleged PVP guilds)

Associate
Am waiting for WoW shadowlands and Baldurs Gate 3 but it been delayed one more time

Baldurs Gate 3 which was scheduled to launch into Early Access a week from today on September 30, will need a little more time before it's ready to go. Larian Studios announced today that the release has been pushed back by a week, to October 6, in order to fix up some last-minute stability and localization issues.

Caporegime
same boat as everyone else, there's literally 0 online games that really interest me in years.

most genres seem pretty much dead even when it comes to single player games or it's all early access crap that will probably never be finished

Man of Honour
Theres a few games on the horizon, maybe not your cup'o chai

1. Star Wars Squadrons
2. Cyberpunk 2077
3. Baldurs Gate 3
4. Assassins Creed Valhalla ( Kinda meh )

MMO's
1. New World
2. Ashes of Creation
3. Wow Expansion ( dont remember the name )
4. Dual Universe

and yet thats it. We used to get as many better games that in the space of a few weeks many years ago.

Same for me, Pubg is dead to me now which was my go to game, big shame. Only game I play now is Valorant which is great, takes me back to the old CS days where aim is everything so that's keeping me ticking over. The only glimmer of hope is BF6 but that will probably be crap.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Only Baulders gate 3 had me really excited... Then I found out it was given to Larien and my excitement drifted to I will pick it up in the steam sale.

Div series is ok but its not the all singing all dancing game the hype train has made it out to be.

Man of Honour
Only Baulders gate 3 had me really excited... Then I found out it was given to Larien and my excitement drifted to I will pick it up in the steam sale.

Div series is ok but its not the all singing all dancing game the hype train has made it out to be.

To be fair, its all very personal tastes. For example, Divinity Original Sin 2 was my game of the year when it was released (2017 - actually it was my joint game of the year that year, along with AC Origins) , but neither Baldurs Gate 1 or 2 were ever my game of the year. I 100%'d Divinity Original Sin 2, I never 100%'d either Baldurs Gate 1 or 2. Pathfinder Kingmaker has since surpassed Divinity Original Sin 2 as my highest rated CRPG - but only thanks to the turn based mode being added to Pathfinder Kingmaker. So for me its the opposite, Baldurs Gate 3 went from being a pick up in a sale game, to a must buy on day one game, when I found out Larien was doing it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
To be fair, its all very personal tastes. For example, Divinity Original Sin 2 was my game of the year when it was released (2017 - actually it was my joint game of the year that year, along with AC Origins) , but neither Baldurs Gate 1 or 2 were ever my game of the year. I 100%'d Divinity Original Sin 2, I never 100%'d either Baldurs Gate 1 or 2. Pathfinder Kingmaker has since surpassed Divinity Original Sin 2 as my highest rated CRPG - but only thanks to the turn based mode being added to Pathfinder Kingmaker. So for me its the opposite, Baldurs Gate 3 went from being a pick up in a sale game, to a must buy on day one game, when I found out Larien was doing it.

As always, but POE is the better game than DIV. Kingmaker I have not really put the time in.

Man of Honour
As always, but POE is the better game than DIV. Kingmaker I have not really put the time in.

I do have POE2 and I believe there is a turn based mod for it, havent tried the game yet though. I would give it a go but BG3 is close now so probably no time to get into it. I also have POE1 but I dont think that one has a turn based mod? I have to have the turn based side of things because I just detest RTWP in these sorts of games.

Pet Northerner
Don
I used to be a Factorio man but Satisfactory has overtaken it for me. The ability to build in 3 dimensions just gives a wealth of possibilities which arent possible in Factorio. My dream would be that Factorio is remade in 3d to allow that same scope. Maybe Factorio 2 can do that

I'm back on Factorio as my GPU sounds like it's trying to take off playing satisfactory. It's on it's last legs.

once I get a big old Navi I'll be back in 3d!

Caporegime
Maybe this is in line with the fact that the pace of life of so fast these days, who has time to sit down and sink the hours into an MMO like people used to?

I wish I had got into WoW back when it released, really feel like I missed something special in gaming history, was more of an FPS guy back then with CSS and BF2. Also glad I didn't as I feel it could have ruined my life :D

I'm thinking it is more that the MMO-leaning are us older types who don't have as much free time as we did in our teens/20s, whereas the teens/20s of today are obsessed with Battle Royale crud :D

Soldato

Same here.

I was ecstatic when I heard we were getting Baldurs Gate 3, then lost all interest when I found out Larian was behind it. I didn't enjoy the DOS games, and BG3 is literally just going to be Divinity with a BG skin. It sort of peed me off a little to be honest, if they wanted to make another turn based only DOS style game why not just make a DOS game? Why do they need to take another franchise and twist it into a totally different style of game? I suppose the answer is money, they'll have massive hype with many thanks to the BG name.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Same here.

I was ecstatic when I heard we were getting Baldurs Gate 3, then lost all interest when I found out Larien was behind it. I didn't enjoy the DOS games, and BG3 is literally just going to be Divinity with a BG skin. It sort of peed me off a little to be honest, if they wanted to make another turn based only DOS style game why not just make a DOS game? Why do they need to take another franchise and twist it into a totally different style of game? I suppose the answer is money, they'll have massive hype with many thanks to the BG name.

To be clear and fair on this, Larian didnt "take another franchise" they were specifically approached by them to do BG3, so if you want to apportion blame its not Larian who you should be aiming at, its WOTC.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I'm thinking it is more that the MMO-leaning are us older types who don't have as much free time as we did in our teens/20s, whereas the teens/20s of today are obsessed with Battle Royale crud :D

Nah I am a old git & PUBG had some of the best gaming moments in 40 years of gaming I have had. It was a golden 12 month period ruined by cheaters and and appalling developer who just got lucky.

Back
Top Bottom