Find me the perfect corner desk

Soldato
if it's only an L without some internal corner rounding it would be uncomfortable for the forearms,
but yes, all the open plan offices I've ever used people sit in the corner, pre covid.
this also enables you to have the coffee/sandwich easily reachable, but not precariously.

Caporegime
Few years ago, got a single 4K now and use it as a normal desk with extra space to one side.

If using the three monitor setup it would have been nice for the bit in front of me to have extended further towards me with a flat edge.

nkkUirq.jpg

Don't think I've seen a keyboard cover in 20 odd years :eek:

What's with the train tickets? Car not working? :D

Soldato
Unless you want a really nice type of solid wood, it's difficult to believe a custom can be competitive
- a steel structure (or, his, carbon fibre) is what helps make a contemporary/open/airy desk, and, customs not going to weld a steel frame.

Permabanned
@ OP, copy/paste from thread I replied toi:

I spend a bit a bit of time the "Dedicated DESK" thread here and nearly made my own via ikea parts but ended up with this:

It comes in various sizes/shapes/styles like with ends like in photo or metal frame/legs instead and cabinets under fixed to top or freestanding with casters or same height as desk top to extend it at either/both sides (you will see a join) and corner unit versions and various finishes.

It is deep enough to hold my NZXT 630 Ultra Tower (bigger than a full tower) with room to spare at front/rear and if not there is another version that curves out wider at front with both left/right side options.

Annotation-2020-08-21-154734.png

Caporegime
Just LOL if you don't have a corner sofa in every room of your house but you keep the main one - the COMMANDERS SOFA - in the unheated garage space your wife lets you use for 'those stupid games you play, ugghhh' and while you do have big dreams of one day being able to save up enough money to buy a proper computer desk (a corner one! Look, I'm a real boy!) from cashing in on all the spacecraft jpegs you've been saving from failed start-up video game Star Citizen, you spend the intervening years designing, tinkering, and perfecting what that design will be. You enlist the help of a forum to turn your dream … one day … into a reality.

Pretty sure I would watch this film.

Caporegime
Sadly don't have any pics of my old one but it was heavily industrial. Went for a lacquered chequerplate surface. A bullnose finish to the edge to remove the sharpness but also add depth and importantly rigidity. Legs were welded to a selection of gears from various boxes and diffs. Two front legs were driveshafts with the universal joint welded solid. Feet were again gears and sprockets.

All with a great patina.

Permabanned

https://www.officefurnitureonline.c...end-desks-with-desk-high-mobile-pedestal.html

You can change the length, and type/style of add ons.

Annotation-2020-08-27-221054.png

Whole Range https://www.officefurnitureonline.co.uk/search/?keywords=eclipse

Also look at the Karbon range, very similar.

Free next day DEL but something with stock messed up (made in UK but said it was not really in stock and would be 2-3 weeks) then it sorted itself out so for my hassle sitting home for the DEL I got a £50 discount on a Chair I bought .

So I ordered for next day DEL, a little hiccup then 3 days later I had a desk and ordered the chair with a discount which did come next day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom