CCTV for Grandma!

Associate
Hi All,

Recently (a couple of weeks ago) my partners grandfather passed away leaving his wife on her own. With her being in her 80’s she is very worried about her security whilst on her own. So to this end she has asked me to look into installing some CCTV.

so what is she after?

Ideally she wants something that she can monitor (I.e. separate monitor) very easily (being elderly she isn’t very tech savvy so needs to be basic) but will also record should anything be needed.

She is looking to have 1 camera above the front door so she can see when people are there but also out the back of the house should some disgusting individual ever attempt to enter.

does anyone have any recommendations as to the type of systems I can look into?

Soldato
Something like a cloud based camera that just feeds to her phone (assuming she can use a smartphone and has wifi)? Can also allow someone else to have access if she wanted...

Ring
Eufy

Etc etc...

Soldato
This is where the cloud based suppliers could be very handy. Get something like the Hive/Ring/Blink or equivalent wired system (avoids her having to remember to change batteries).

Then an Alexa echo show, so she can see what is going on with the cameras.

This is just one concept, swap it out for your suppliers of choice, but use something that is reliable, well maintained by a cloud/big provider and you can remotely access for verification/support.

Back
Top Bottom