• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Staff
Aren't they pre order?

Yes they are, no cards are listed as in stock so it is odd why some people think otherwise.
We keep them as pre-order to prevent any mad rush if we displayed certain models in stock of say 5 units all of a sudden you get 500 people all trying to order same card, all seeing in stock and well then we have 495 upset customers who ordered something showing in stock.

So we leave on PRE-ORDER but it seems people do not understand the term pre-order and what it means.

Plus it was made very clear stock was insanely low and the chances of getting one today incredibly slim and that people will be waiting until around November.

Soldato
Asus GeForce RTX 3090 ROG Strix Gaming (not OC version)
14:10

In answer to a previous post about why anyone would want one of these considering price/performance relationship to the 3080, here is my reasoning.
1. I sold my 2080ti two months ago and got £900 for it, leaving about £700 to pay on this card. Put a few hundred aside last two months, so it's not a huge hit, cash-wise. Not really
2. This is my hobby. Like, my number one interest – building, maintaining, tweaking and OCing PCs, and for my own personal rig, I want the best, even if it is the best by just 10%
3. The 'value' equation isn't important, because most of us 3090 folk are coming from the 2080ti, and the 1080ti (or in my case SLI'd 1080tis) before that. The only thing that calls value into question is the existence of the 3080 – the 3090 is better value than the 2080ti was
4. I think if it's what someone enjoys, just be happy for them. I'm gonna be having a GREAT TIME when my 3090 arrives. I don't like football, but if someone wants to plonk their spare cash on a Tottenham season ticket, who am I to tell them football's crap? Or that they could just watch it all on Sky because that would be 'better value' – good luck to them. There's too little happiness in the world as it is. Powerful GPUs are my jam.
5. And finally, I disagree that you have to be rich to afford this card. I've been building gaming PCs for 20 years. When I upgrade a component there is always something to sell to put towards the cost. Staying at the cutting edge costs me probably £1,000 a year. Or £80 per month. You wouldn't get a golf club membership for that, or a Tottenham season ticket. Maybe membership at a good gym. But this is how I choose to spend my spare dough, and I am NOT rich by any measure.

I'm sure there are rich people buying these. I'm sure there are stupid people buying these. And people want nice, easy reasoning, so they can fully form that opinion and tuck it neatly away on a brain-shelf. But the assumption that EVERYONE buying these for gaming is either rich or stupid is 100% wrong. Some of us are just passionate about our hobby and that's where we put our spare cash.

Great answer. I'm sure you'll get your money's worth. One man's hobby is another man's waste of time as the saying goes ;)

Associate
Yes they are, no cards are listed as in stock so it is odd why some people think otherwise.
We keep them as pre-order to prevent any mad rush if we displayed certain models in stock of say 5 units all of a sudden you get 500 people all trying to order same card, all seeing in stock and well then we have 495 upset customers who ordered something showing in stock.

So we leave on PRE-ORDER but it seems people do not understand the term pre-order and what it means.

Plus it was made very clear stock was insanely low and the chances of getting one today incredibly slim and that people will be waiting until around November.

I would just like to say thank you for giving the forum members the headsup on which cards that you had in stock as i doubt other companies would have done this. Because of this i knew which card to try and buy and i was lucky enough to get my order in and have had my shipping notification! :)

Associate
I would just like to say thank you for giving the forum members the headsup on which cards that you had in stock as i doubt other companies would have done this. Because of this i knew which card to try and buy and i was lucky enough to get my order in and have had my shipping notification! :)

Do you know if there was stock of the ASUS ROG Strix (not OC version)? Or if anyone knows?

Associate
Do you know if there was stock of the ASUS ROG Strix (not OC version)? Or if anyone knows?

These were all the cards they had today.

We have a small amount on Zotac and Palit.
We have a very small amount on Asus TUF, Gigabyte Eagle & Gaming, MSI Ventus and PNY.

I feel very lucky to have got one now as Gibo has just said they only had 14 Zotacs, so for me to get a TUF must have meant very low numbers indeed if he classed small as 14 for the Zotac cards.

Associate
Asus GeForce RTX 3090 ROG Strix Gaming (not OC version)
14:10

In answer to a previous post about why anyone would want one of these considering price/performance relationship to the 3080, here is my reasoning.
1. I sold my 2080ti two months ago and got £900 for it, leaving about £700 to pay on this card. Put a few hundred aside last two months, so it's not a huge hit, cash-wise. Not really
2. This is my hobby. Like, my number one interest – building, maintaining, tweaking and OCing PCs, and for my own personal rig, I want the best, even if it is the best by just 10%
3. The 'value' equation isn't important, because most of us 3090 folk are coming from the 2080ti, and the 1080ti (or in my case SLI'd 1080tis) before that. The only thing that calls value into question is the existence of the 3080 – the 3090 is better value than the 2080ti was
4. I think if it's what someone enjoys, just be happy for them. I'm gonna be having a GREAT TIME when my 3090 arrives. I don't like football, but if someone wants to plonk their spare cash on a Tottenham season ticket, who am I to tell them football's crap? Or that they could just watch it all on Sky because that would be 'better value' – good luck to them. There's too little happiness in the world as it is. Powerful GPUs are my jam.
5. And finally, I disagree that you have to be rich to afford this card. I've been building gaming PCs for 20 years. When I upgrade a component there is always something to sell to put towards the cost. Staying at the cutting edge costs me probably £1,000 a year. Or £80 per month. You wouldn't get a golf club membership for that, or a Tottenham season ticket. Maybe membership at a good gym. But this is how I choose to spend my spare dough, and I am NOT rich by any measure.

I'm sure there are rich people buying these. I'm sure there are stupid people buying these. And people want nice, easy reasoning, so they can fully form that opinion and tuck it neatly away on a brain-shelf. But the assumption that EVERYONE buying these for gaming is either rich or stupid is 100% wrong. Some of us are just passionate about our hobby and that's where we put our spare cash.

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3090 XTREME
24/09/2020 14:19:03
Order No: 588108*
OC4045635

100% this, i'm likely the poorest person here. I'm long term disabled, i don't have a car or drive, no eating out or holidays, no kids. i've been putting a little aside for months and i also had 2 1080tis and flipped them to make the hit easier. I don't have any problems managing what money i do have, even after ordering today i still have more than enough to pay the bills. My point is i have very little income but gaming is my passion and i love tinkering with new badass hardware, so i plan well ahead so i can actually have something to look forward too. So if I've planned months ahead and built up a budget for a 3090, are you really going to tell me i shouldn't have one because 10% isn't worth it to you? we all have different reasons, there is more to the choice than price to performance. I got my order in a bit late so i likely won't be seeing it anytime soon but that's ok, it will come when it comes. Well done to everyone that got an order shipped today, even though you get one before me i'm still pleased they ended up with people that will enjoy them instead of marking them up on ebay. Hope you enjoy them for years to come, cheers

Associate
Anticipating the out of stock email.
Completed checkout at exactly 14:10 for a Ventus so we’ll see. I’m not holding out too much hope.

As above, it’s stupidly expensive for what it is but;

I work a full time job, support my family and have this and tabletop gaming as my hobby.
We don’t have a TV package that some people spend £50 a month on, or even a TV license.
We have take out couple times a month.
If we go out it’s a hike outside or other child friendly activity which is usually free.
I barely drink, and neither of us smoke which others would spend loads on every week.

Value is subjective, if I use this 4 hours a day for the next 2 years that’s like £1 per day, that’s about the price as a bar of chocolate these days. And I can’t sell that bar of chocolate down the line to pay for its replacement either.

smr

smr

Soldato
Starting to rethink my strategy on a new rig, I mean I need one but I might not need what I thought. Just built a new rig for a customer, 3600X, 16GB 3200, 5700XT and I'm getting 25fps on Ultra in FS2020.

Think I'd definitely be content with a 3080 but will wait for the Ti I think, I reckon that'll be the ultimate sweet spot in value to performance ratio.

Associate
Well no wonder you got one, congrats btw but how was that, was supposed to be 14:00

I logged in just to see if it was as bad as last week and all the asus 3090’s I was able to order at about 13:57, all the others didn’t have an order but so looks like they went live early.

Associate
So close I could almost taste it - 13:58 at checkout screen before the website fell apart. Order finally went through at 14:19. Ah well its not to be :rolleyes: Best to wait for Team Red's announcement now.
I don't see why so many feel like they need to justify their purchase pre-order, this is an enthusiast forum not your loan manager or Mumsnet! You be you!

Associate
So close I could almost taste it - 13:58 at checkout screen before the website fell apart. Order finally went through at 14:19. Ah well its not to be :rolleyes: Best to wait for Team Red's announcement now.
I don't see why so many feel like they need to justify their purchase pre-order, this is an enthusiast forum not your loan manager or Mumsnet! You be you!

Someone asked us all earlier in the thread as they wanted to better understand our reasoning, so a few of us chipped in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom