Eufy Home Door Bell

Caporegime
i've been looking at this for about 6 months now. I really like the whole subscription free and home storage route that these guys have gone down.

Id have the doorbell at the front and probably 1 rear camera to cover the entry points at the rear of my house.

id buy it tomorrow just have to convince the GF.

Huge problem is that i quite often have to deal with minus -30 temps living up where i do and its only rated to minus -20.... Might actually be a problem :(

Is it working with google home yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
I quite like the look of this actually. The cloud storage fee is one minor annoyance i have with my Nest Hello.

I guess my only concerns are:
- How accessible is the footage on the HomeBase - i.e. could you put together a solution to auto-upload the data to the cloud. (I know it seems ironic wanting to move towards local storage whilst still having cloud upload ability, i don't object to paying Google for cloud storage, i would just prefer to have everything under one subscription rather than having to pay them twice).
- How secure is the doorbell - one thing the Nest Hello fails on spectacularly is the lack of physical security. If you want to steal a Nest Hello you just need a long thin screwdriver and insert it at the bottom and the Nest Hello just pops out of its housing - can be done in seconds.

@nam will be interesting to see what you think of it when you've got it all set up.

nam

nam

Soldato
OP
Finally got it setup today. Was planning to wire it using the existing doorbell wires but due to my UPVC frame being narrow the Eufy bell brushed against the door opening. Mounted to concrete wall and will use batteries.

The quality is very good and no problems with signal to homebase and this is a old 1950's home with solid walls. like the easy to use app too. Will see how the Battery lasts happy if it does reach the 180 days but will report back.

Associate
I have a eufy wireless doorbell... Very smart and really like it but need a mounting wedge. It comes with a 15° wedge but want something larger so I can grab the whole front face of the house. Any recommendations?

Associate
I have a eufy wireless doorbell... Very smart and really like it but need a mounting wedge. It comes with a 15° wedge but want something larger so I can grab the whole front face of the house. Any recommendations?

Couldn't you make one out of a piece of wood? Paint it black to blend in, seems like the easiest solution to me.

Associate
Couldn't you make one out of a piece of wood? Paint it black to blend in, seems like the easiest solution to me.[/QUOTE

That is certainly an option which I initially thought of, but was wondering if anyone tried anything else.
As you can tell I enjoy over complicating a simple job

Soldato
Got mine working today after a serious faff. Homehub refused to be found, then eventually when it worked it then refused to connect to the doorbell. Took over an hour of messing about before I abandoned it and came back to it a day later. Then it strangely decided to work.

Back
Top Bottom