• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Have You Cancelled Your Order

Associate
Yes I'm expecting it to be more money but now I can research if I will have the benefit from the extra VRAM. I'm at 1440p resolution and play on microsoft flight simulator ✈️.

I wouldn't bother with the 20GB version unless your doing 4K or specific professional apps that need the VRAM, unless you have the money to throw around, also given how the 3080 launch prices got hiked, probably £1100+ for AIB models.

Associate
I have cancelled my Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC 10GB becasue of the poor quality product offer and will stick to my Asus 3090 Strix OC order.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
I haven't cancelled yet but it's a growing possibility I do and end up with an AMD card. Even before the capacitor problem hype, I always thought that Nvidia pushing this much beyond their normal efficiency was significant in some way. Either just a bi-product of going with Samsung 8nm or pressure from AMD. Either way it always had a negative connection to me. After I seen the results though, I was prepared to look past that but I don't think I can look past recent findings if they turn out to actually be true.

EVGA's comment seems pretty damning.

Soldato
I cancelled mine days ago (EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra), before this capacitor and crashing thing came to light. Couldn't be bothered with all the uncertainty and the news that bigger Vram variants and Ti's were coming sooner rather than later. Made me see sense and wait. Glad I did now, can't stand early adopter issues.

Associate
I cancelled my Vision OC 3080. Not purely the crashing, but also concerns over the power extension.

With lack of stock, inflated prices and AMD leaks sounding promising it feels like a no brainer to sit back a bit longer and wait.

I'll probably look to do a Zen 3 build first then see what card fits the best.

Associate
First of all, it's not a transistor issue, but capacitor, very different components that do very different things. The fact that people don't know the difference means that people are clearly on the hype-train but waaaaaaaaaay off the mark, so please feel free to cancel your orders. As soon as the new cards are rolled out with new CAPACITORS, the problem should disappear, meanwhile I get further up the Q. :)

Associate
I cancelled my order for the ASUS TUF OC a couple days ago but not due to whole hype of the capacitors etc, I cancelled because of the lack of any update from OC except “we’re working on it”.
Still haven’t heard back for my cancellation either and my order still appears under “my orders” ....

Associate
Cancelled zotac elsewhere (reviews made it look very bad and poorly made) and no answer about postion in que, Currently have an order here of a asus tuf but realistically looking at the drips of info being fed to us i really think we wont see our cards till late october-december and by that stage i will have just moved onto amd if there stock and performance is there.

This terrible launch was one thing the fact you had companies like sony come out and apologise for there poor launch when in truth lunchtime the next day people could still preorder is hilarious when we look at nvidia even now, this really is not about any middle man like overclockers just aib's and nvidia that really should be doing something right now and aren't in any way shape or form.

Think this will be the turned around just like we have seen on the intel and ryzen front.

Associate
I am seriously considering cancelling my 3080 preorder. I am curious to see what Big Navi ends up being, I can't see hardly anyone getting their hands on a 3080 or 3090 before November so it makes sense to me to see what AMD give us.

Edit: Cancelled my order, I don't like how the launch has been handled, Overclockers near silence on the progress of the orders or the probability that by the time the 3080s are in people' hands Big Navi will be out who knows what other iteration of 30 series.

Last edited:
Associate
Not cancelled but considering it. I'm a reasonably patient sort of chap when it comes to this sort of thing but:-

1) Although it is not confirmed either way, some people are saying early 2021 for delivery. If that turns out to be true, that would be ridiculous, quite frankly. By the time that these cards start trickling into the hands of consumers, AMD's offering is likely to be out and NVidia is probably going to be looking at pushing the TI or 20gb variants. My concern is that these cards are likely to become outdated quicker than normal, even though consumers would have only just got their hands on them.

2) The issues with crashing are a cause for concern but as there is nothing conclusive about what is causing the problems, the Jury is still out.

Associate
but many early adopters are reporting unstable cards, not just in the UK but the world.

see another thing is, my 2080ti card sold like in 30 mins on the bay, I then cancelled and refunded the buyer because of 3000 series issue

1st thing is the wait, could take months

the main issue is the poor quality capacitors, it will create a storm when most people receive their cards only to find them defective, because it cannot handle a overclock? or that you have to downclock it to use it and stop crashing

I just need to see what people are doing as I might cancel both orders, we need some more light on this matter

Associate
Sorry I've had to cancel, I'd rather go to a shop that keeps me updated on my order. Heard nothing for 2 weeks not even if they are on there way or if it will before Xmas, the other company's can give an ETA so I will shop with them instead.

Associate
Cancelled my Gigabyte eagle, which was msrp, before the cap-gate went viral, as I wasn't really happy with the gigabyte shape, and performance etc, from the reviews, I always try to get the same card as the motherboard, and I didn't know when I would get the card,

but I am in no rush now as It'll give a chance to see what AMD will bring to the table, and what the response from NVIDIA will be (cough 20gb variants) by that time things will be fixed/ironed out hopefully, and would be a wiser pain free purchase after all the dust has been settled (without the gouging)

Last edited:
Associate
I am seriously considering cancelling my 3080 preorder. I am curious to see what Big Navi ends up being, I can't see hardly anyone getting their hands on a 3080 or 3090 before November so it makes sense to me to see what AMD give us.

Edit: Cancelled my order, I don't like how the launch has been handled, Overclockers near silence on the progress of the orders or the probability that by the time the 3080s are in people' hands Big Navi will be out who knows what other iteration of 30 series.
What do you realisitically think your chances are of grabbing a BN when they are released?

Back
Top Bottom