Gigabyte G32QC

Associate
31.5" Curved
2560x1440
165hz
Freesync/G-Sync compatible

Reviews online suggest great blacks and colours, but lacks proper HDR and suffers from a bit of backlight bleed. Seems a compelling option under £350.00 though, it doesn't have the added cost of crappy integrated speakers or RGB etc thats not important to me.

I've ordered one along with a LED strip for the back panel to help with perceived backlight bleed, and a proper vesa desk mount to replace the cheap stand.

I've currently got a S2417DG 24" Dell monitor (2560x1440, G sync, 165hz) so bit of a side step in technology but upgrade in size and immersion which is what I'm looking for.

Associate
OP
HDR 400 and 600 are just useless in my opinion.
I hope you will be happy with that monitor.

I hope so too lol.
Proper HDR puts the price right up though, probably double, which I don't think is worth it considering where HDR gaming is right now.

My living room TV is a LG B9 so I could use that for any games that are much better on HDR, which I don't expect too often. Although, I prefer to game with KBM sat at my desk instead of couch/controller for immersion. Its situational though.

Associate
OP
Took delivery of the G32QC yesterday. My experience so far

• Size is perfect for sitting at usual desk distance, curved design makes the panel appear smaller to the eye and feels immersive
  • Colours are really good out of the box, almost an HDR effect without the bright highlights
  • Blacks are super impressive for a panel thats not OLED, produces similar image to my LG B9 however you can still notice a backlight on a completely dark image of course
  • Pixel density I thought may be a problem coming from 24" 1440p however, happy to report its totally acceptable for the size. Its a similar experience to 24"/27" 1080p imo.
  • Gaming performance with the panel set to Speed is not a good experience, black level smearing and on 60fps locked games its unusable. Balanced removes the black smearing but there is some motion blurring especially in darker scenes. Its my opinion that unless you are into e-sports or take your online gaming really seriously, the performance is OK
  • The stand is large and cheap plastic, I'm glad I picked up a desk mount and would recommend to anyone else to do the same
  • I have a single dead pixel, which is not a deal breaker, and backlight bleed is present but by no means severe. I won't be watching movies in a dark room on this panel so its not an issue.

Associate
Hello. I know this is a very old post, 10years. But what kind of led strip did you use? Where did you buy from? Currently have the same issue, already disassembled the monitor and one of the led strips is dead.

Back
Top Bottom