• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fx1

fx1

Associate
Do you believe what you're posting is going to change peoples minds?

There are plenty of people who are undecided.

If they listened to some of the people in this thread they would think its 25% faster and the 24GB Vram is going tom future proof their card for 4 years.

fx1

fx1

Associate
Look I have just bought an £8k omega watch. Why didnt I buy a cheaper watch for a £1000 which tells the time probably more accurately than the Omega does?

Why should I? You really do have a chip on yoru shoulder. This forum has a very high percentage of top 1-2% earners in the country. Why shouldnt they drop £1700 on a gpu if they wanted to?

I mean a guy on the forum spent £2800 on the two 2080tis in my sig and only kept them 3 months before selling them to me for £1500. Same with the 9980xe he bought for £1750 and sold to me less than a grand.

I have 2 Rolex, 1 is the Daytona which you cannot even buy with a 10 year wait list.

Just because i can. Doesnt mean i should.

For example Omegas are worth 50% the day you buy them. Where as my Rolex is worth double in under 5 years and the Daytona even more.

the is a big difference between being an educated buyer and a rich idiot. Who do you do think Nvidia are targeting with the 3090?

Associate
There are plenty of people who are undecided.

If they listened to some of the people in this thread they would think its 25% faster and the 24GB Vram is going tom future proof their card for 4 years.

Who? You're in a thread titled "who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?" which basically is for people who have actually made up their mind, purchased a 3090 and is waiting for it to be delivered.

fx1

fx1

Associate
Who? You're in a thread titled "who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?" which basically is for people who have actually made up their mind, purchased a 3090 and is waiting for it to be delivered.

Well i myself and flipped back and forward between the 3080 and 3090. Plenty of people have also commented on here as well.

Why do you think Nvidia kept the reviews secret until the same time as launch? How many people ordered the 3090 because they cant find a 3080?

As i said before. If you want one because you can afford one and dont really care then that is the only reason to get one. But plenty of people have come here trying to justify it on the grounds of VRAM and performance. They are lying to themselves and misinforming others about how important 24GB vram is and how games use 11GB when they dont.

If you think that the 3090 buyers on this forum are all 1% earners then you are having a laugh as well. Because i bet a load of them are purchased on credit by people still living with their parents.

Caporegime
I have 2 Rolex, 1 is the Daytona which you cannot even buy with a 10 year wait list.

For example Omegas are worth 50% the day you buy them. Where as my Rolex is worth double in under 5 years and the Daytona even more.

the is a big difference between being an educated buyer and a rich idiot. Who do you do think Nvidia are targeting with the 3090?

I bought an Omega cause I liked the look of it and hate every Rolex especially the hideous Daytona which only ever sell as people see them as an investment. You may as well have bought shares instead.. I dont buy watches as an investment. I buy them to wear and cause I like them.

And you have just proved the point. You spend your money on Rolexes, other people spend it on computer bits. Why should you care or be so mad about it?

Over the years from my first pc in 1991 which cost £2,300 I suspect I have spent around £30,000 of pc components and all I have is a machine which is worth around £3,000 so you could say I have wasted more than £27,000. If only I had bought Rolexes instead eh?

Same with cars. Some cars granted can go up in price but the vast majority of cars people own and drive on here lose money during the period they are driving them. Guess they are all stupid idiots too eh?

You need to chill out and stop worrying about other people and worry more about yourself. Its not healthy to get as wound up as you are over what people are buying in the world.

Associate
Well i myself and flipped back and forward between the 3080 and 3090. Plenty of people have also commented on here as well.

So what you're doing is validating your own purchase decision to yourself?

Why do you think Nvidia kept the reviews secret until the same time as launch? How many people ordered the 3090 because they cant find a 3080?

They also kept the 3080 reviews "secret". The 3080 must be **** too then. Not finding any 3070 reviews out there.. Why not?

As i said before. If you want one because you can afford one and dont really care then that is the only reason to get one. But plenty of people have come here trying to justify it on the grounds of VRAM and performance. They are lying to themselves and misinforming others about how important 24GB vram is and how games use 11GB when they dont.

You're in a thread for people who have purchased a 3090 telling them they're fools and idiots.

If you think that the 3090 buyers on this forum are all 1% earners then you are having a laugh as well. Because i bet a load of them are purchased on credit by people still living with their parents.

and what exactly does that have to do with you?

Associate
You definitely sound richer than me fx1. I only have about 1700 disposable income per month after bills/mortgage. So I'm not rich..as for the idiot part...
Just because for your use case you personally don't seem to care about getting 10-20more fps on your 175hz monitor doesn't mean those that do care about it are necessarily idiots.

Associate
Thats now how it works. A GPU is just a GPU. it doesnt work for one person and not another.

Oh dear, so you've gone from arguing about the value of the 3090 and saying yourself if the price was lower or the performance for the price was higher then you would consider it, to now just plain hating the 3090!? You can't even stick to your argument!! You have serious problems.

Associate
I’m most likely going to shell out for a 3090, my Pimax 8k yearns to be fed obscene levels of pixels and I’ve been coping with a 1080ti because I didn’t think the 2080ti was a big enough leap. If an impressive 3080ti drops before I cave and decide to buy then I may reconsider and get that. I’m hoping the i5 8600k won’t be an issue for a couple of years still.

Associate

I didn't buy a watch because there is simply no reason to own one and trying to compare consumer products and investment purchases is idiotic.

Soldato

A 3090 would give me far more enjoyment then just a stupid watch which all it can do is show you the time..
Do you spend many hours everyday just playing with a watch ? :confused:

Soldato

Give it rest will you....

Go to GD and start a moaning thread.

Associate
You definitely sound richer than me fx1. I only have about 1700 disposable income per month after bills/mortgage. So I'm not rich..as for the idiot part...
Just because for your use case you personally don't seem to care about getting 10-20more fps on your 175hz monitor doesn't mean those that do care about it are necessarily idiots.

You only have £1700.00 per month disposable income and you don't consider yourself rich, boy you very out of touch with the reality of modern Britain.

Soldato
Im running 3840x1600 175hz.

You are the one running a 5 year old CPU and 16GB of slow ram.

As usual you are utterly clueless about how VRAM works. The typical 2 year lifespan of these GPU's will not see any major leaps forward in textures. Not only do they not use anywhere near 10GB right now. Despite the clueless claims of the idiots on this thread who cannot simply google before they make wild claims of Vram usage they also dont understand that just because a game allocates the Vram it doesnt mean its in use.

I know it might be a bit complicated for some of you on here to understand but you cannot just keep making textures larger without putting more pressure on the GPU Core. The core is simply not powerful enough to run games at decent frame rates with 12-14GB of textures at 4K. Why do you think games top out at 8GB ALLOCATED right now? Why do you think they are now relying on Ray tracing instead of higher texture fidelity? Laws of diminishing returns thats why.

VRAM was important back when SLI give you 2 cores which could only use 1 cards VRAM. A single GPU is never powerful enough to make use of anywhere near 24GB of VRAM in 4k gaming. In the next 2 years you likely wont ever see 10GB being used of the 3080 either. Since its got more powerful compression and uses less memory than previous generations.

Try running 4K buddy, not 3840x1600.

CPU wise, I'm upgrading to Zen 3 on release (as long as it's faster than a 10900k in games...), should go well with my 3090.

Won't reply to you further as it's clear that you skipped GCSE English and thus didn't gain reading comprehension skills.

Soldato
Give it rest will you....

Go to GD and start a moaning thread.

Well said, he's just trolling the forum now and destroying threads.

He just needs to mind his own business...

Also coming from a guy that buys a Rolex lol.. yes made in china or kinder surprise egg toy version... telling people what they can and can't buy.. I gave him a nice hint earlier in the thread but clearly he is either a child sat at home typing rubbish or just a forum troll. We all need to just ignore him, it's past being just a normal rant now.. Mods should be banning him or at least suspending him. It's just rude now.

Soldato
Just picked up a 3090 and 3080 MSI gaming trio, both confirmed delivery for 02/10 :D

Same here a MSI 3090 Gaming X trio for same date delivery funny enough ;). I didn't see any 3080's available at the time if I did I would have grabbed one too for HTPC/front room gaming rig, 3090 is overkill for it. 3090 I can use for work that was always the plan as well as gaming on it and needed the larger than 10GB VRAM... YES fx1 some of us NEED it before you start up again :rolleyes:.

Caporegime
Same here a MSI 3090 Gaming X trio for same date delivery funny enough ;). I didn't see any 3080's available at the time if I did I would have grabbed one too for HTPC/front room gaming rig, 3090 is overkill for it. 3090 I can use for work that was always the plan as well as gaming on it and needed the larger than 10GB VRAM... YES fx1 some of us NEED it before you start up again :rolleyes:.
Oh snap ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom