• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Normally AMD use other vendor hardware to show off their products.. This time round it could well be there own hardware lol, if they beat Intel cpu performance then theres no point using them to Demo Navi2.

I doubt they will be using 3080 to demo their cpus as you cant get hold of them lmao

Soldato
Did you upgrade to a C9?

As far as I know not officially, but apparently there is a cru hack or something like that to make it work. I mean end of the day the tv is VRR and there is no module in there, so there is no reason apart from marketing that it should not work.

Apparently it's not that hard, it one midline of text to modify and boom Freesync works

Soldato
Hey guys just want to make absolutely certain here as I do have the option of swapping my rtx3000 card for big Navi for free if I wish to.

Screen 1 is a LGC9, it officially only supports Gsync but I understand there is a tool that can be used to modify a line of code that enables Freesync.

Screen 2 is a ASUS pg279qe, it has a Gsync module built in and Gsync only works over DisplayPort. Is there any way to make Freesync work on this monitor?

Soldato
Normally AMD use other vendor hardware to show off their products.. This time round it could well be there own hardware lol, if they beat Intel cpu performance then theres no point using them to Demo Navi2.

I doubt they will be using 3080 to demo their cpus as you cant get hold of them lmao
I'm expecting gaming benches to be done vs 10900K and a 2080 Ti. That last bastion of Intel's gaming dominance has always been on a 2080 Ti, so it would make sense to go as apples-to-apples as possible and also use a 2080 Ti.

What I'd like to happen though is at some point there's a little easter egg withs some kinda of rolling game demo that's got "RX 6000" or "Big Navi" as the displayed GPU name, with the counters higher than those on the 10900K comparison. It's not even mentioned, it's just there on display.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Apparently it's not that hard, it one midline of text to modify and boom Freesync works
Good to know thanks. If my card does not arrive closer to the release of cyberpunk 2077 and AMD do well I may just buy an AMD card and play it on my OLED if freesync works and cancel the 3080.

Hope it does not come to that though.

Associate
I find it rather sad how even if the product is decent/good/amazing whatever, the attitude of most of the fanboys makes it a sour buy.

Say what you want about nvidia fanboys but seriously AMD ones are the most annoying thing ever. They have to be the loudest, most annoying bunch ( lolol nvidiots). It’s like those annoying vegans ( im vegan btw ) that wont shut up about how much better they are compared to meat eaters and how **** they are for eating meat etcetc. Same with android vs ios users, always the former telling the latter how dumb and sheepish they are compared to their smarter selves. You know? The kind of people you like to avoid IRL. It’s funny how it’s almost never the other way around. Almost as if they have no reason to be frustrated / care about what the other people like/ are doing.

you go to r/amd and then to r/nvidia and you’ll see what i mean.

Anyway, feel free to ignore my ranting. :)

Associate
I find it rather sad how even if the product is decent/good/amazing whatever, the attitude of most of the fanboys makes it a sour buy.

Say what you want about nvidia fanboys but seriously AMD ones are the most annoying thing ever. They have to be the loudest, most annoying bunch ( lolol nvidiots). It’s like those annoying vegans ( im vegan btw ) that wont shut up about how much better they are compared to meat eaters and how **** they are for eating meat etcetc. Same with android vs ios users, always the former telling the latter how dumb and sheepish they are compared to their smarter selves. You know? The kind of people you like to avoid IRL. It’s funny how it’s almost never the other way around. Almost as if they have no reason to be frustrated / care about what the other people like/ are doing.

Top wumming :D

Soldato

I find it to be the exact opposite, personally. The Nvidia fanboys on here are by far the most obnoxious bunch. Still, you'd have to be a pretty stupid person to let trolls online influence your purchasing decisions one way or another. :)

Associate
I suspect we are only 8 days away from seeing the 1st RDNA2 benchmarks albeit to show off the performance of Zen3 :D
8 days too far for me I'm afraid 3080 order now in dispatch

I honestly hope AMD smash it out the park with RDNA2 I can't see being able to join that party but I look forward to RDNA3 and watch with interest what happens. In my own mind they will absolutely land a good product but the lack of information (not product release) has me doubting they will disrupt 4k gaming the evidence just isn't there right now and I have to go back 7yrs to find that lvl of competition. I think they will offer a compelling choice that blurs the lines between 3070/3080 but that's not for me I want a 3090 killer a 16GB HMB 2e with 512bit memory bus, 80-120 CU and I'm just not hearing it right now.

Associate

I honestly hope AMD smash it out the park with RDNA2 I can't see being able to join that party but I look forward to RDNA3 and watch with interest what happens. In my own mind they will absolutely land a good product but the lack of information (not product release) has me doubting they will disrupt 4k gaming the evidence just isn't there right now and I have to go back 7yrs to find that lvl of competition. I think they will offer a compelling choice that blurs the lines between 3070/3080 but that's not for me I want a 3090 killer a 16GB HMB 2e with 512bit memory bus, 80-120 CU and I'm just not hearing it right now.

Well, when you RMA it for crashing, you can swap sides to Navi 2x ;)

Associate
Well, when you RMA it for crashing, you can swap sides to Navi 2x ;)
:D if it comes to that... or tbh if AMD do genuinely come up with the goods I'm not opposed to swapping. I'm not one of these Nvidia campers that likes to use AMD to lower price, but I do need to see the juice and it does have to be bloody good to sway my purchasing choice. Swayable I am though....

Soldato

Is your pc currently without a gpu and vital for work or something?

I can't quite relate to not being able to wait. Why is it so vital you ordered a gpu asap?

Just curious.

Patience issue or significantly prohibitive without?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Im gonna be patient. Its not like the 3080s are going to be back in stock and £649 any time soon (maybe 2021). The way I see it, I would rather spend under £500 but I know that wont buy me a "high end" card from either brand. If RNDA2 can get solid 4k experience (I have 4k monitor) I will try and select the best value card in the stack. Another reason I didnt get too excited about the 3080 is my display is freesync. Still keeping my options open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom