Star Wars Squadrons

Caporegime
Played the first couple of missions and really like it!

The mouse sensitivity was way off for me so had to reduce it down to 15 - no chance in a dogfight on the standard settings. I guess an XBOX controller would be better for a game like this, rather than M/KB?

Running 160+ FPS for me on a 2070S on Acer X34P UW 1440p

It must be awesome in VR!
Joystick is the only real way to experience it. You just need to find one in stock somewhere, FS2020 has exhausted stock of 'sticks everywhere!

Soldato
Is anyone getting online errors? I can't connect getting this ea account is restricted from accessing online features but my EA account isn't banned works with other games etc.

Soldato
Had a go with WMR headset quickly but only with Xbox pad.

The immersion inside the cockpit is seriously impressive. I played about 30-45 minutes and really enjoyed it

Runs absolutely beautifully too :)

Soldato
Looks like this doesn't have a 10 hour trial on EA Play unfortunately :(

Will nab a copy when my flight stick arrives, assuming it works.

Associate
Reviews look good and lots of positive comments here. Thinking of picking this up.

However, lots of negative reviews/comments on Steam - VR setup, controls, EA sign-in problems, etc. All blown out of proportion?

Coming from background of VR simracing and flightsim I'm probably quite well prepared for some tweaking or is it worth waiting a bit?

Would like to get it on Steam but still uses Origin? Will Steam make it easier to get running in VR for WMR? Cheaper to get a key for Origin too - can't see any offers for Steam keys...

Man of Honour
Reviews look good and lots of positive comments here. Thinking of picking this up.

However, lots of negative reviews/comments on Steam - VR setup, controls, EA sign-in problems, etc. All blown out of proportion?

Coming from background of VR simracing and flightsim I'm probably quite well prepared for some tweaking or is it worth waiting a bit?

Would like to get it on Steam but still uses Origin? Will Steam make it easier to get running in VR for WMR? Cheaper to get a key for Origin too - can't see any offers for Steam keys...

Best to ignore steam reviews.

Caporegime

People leave reviews on steam because it has VR and crap. They're awful.

I'm unsure on this too, I have VR coming and with VR desktop etc I think steam might be the better option?

Associate
I got BF4 in recent sale on Steam to try and relive the old days of BF2 so I'm all set up for EA/Origin.

Not sure how much benefit there is, being able to use Steam VR with this...

Soldato
Latest drivers?

Yup. It just needed a reboot. I managed to get in and have a puzzler: when I try to set up the throttle, it allows me to set it up to increase speed (i.e. move the throttle forward) but not decrease speed (i.e. move the throttle back). I'm using a Thrustmaster Cougar.

I also have a Saitek / Logitech three-axis throttle that I was hoping to use for controlling the power distribution shields, weapons, and engines. No dice, alas.

Caporegime
Cd keys are now saying my payment failed. I can see it on my bank statement. I’m on the phone to my bank now disputing it.

Refund received. Will order through Origin later tonight.

Last edited:
Soldato

The VR setup thing I found was just a matter of making sure steam VR was running before you fire up the game as it seems a bit touchy on toggling form standard display mode. After I did that no problems at all.

The origin version just asks for Steam VR to boot up and uses it the same way that Epic games does for stuff like Tetris Effect works pretty well

Once in game my experience was flawless

Soldato
No problems at all with the oculus (bought on origin), just fired up the app and started the game, switched to VR. Lots of controls need to be mapped with my hotas though ><

Associate
The VR setup thing I found was just a matter of making sure steam VR was running before you fire up the game as it seems a bit touchy on toggling form standard display mode. After I did that no problems at all.

The origin version just asks for Steam VR to boot up and uses it the same way that Epic games does for stuff like Tetris Effect works pretty well

Once in game my experience was flawless

Did you buy through Steam or Origin?

Soldato
Can't install the Epic store version, as the authorization link between Epic and Origin isn't working. Everyone who installed via Epic is having the same issue. Serves me right getting it £10 cheaper due to the Rocket League code...

Back
Top Bottom