• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
Man this married life stuff sounds absolutely awful. How do you guys put up with having people who love you? Must be unbearable

The sneaking in of computer gear can be an issue (especially if I forget to tick the delivery address to work and my new expensive gfx card ends up getting delivered to home :)) but also it does have its benefits ;)

Associate
The sneaking in of computer gear can be an issue (especially if I forget to tick the delivery address to work and my new expensive gfx card ends up getting delivered to home :)) but also it does have its benefits ;)
It's been some years since me and my ex broke up but even never making it to marriage, even dropping £20 on something "not essential" would result in some choice words. I don't even want to imagine how she'd have reacted to my dropping £1850 in one purchase

Soldato
My girlfriend (who doesn't live with me) questioned why I purchase one of these GPU's for the price they are....I just told her.

"Until you make more money then me then I will listen to you about what I spend my money on, until then you don't have a voice in this." Her response......"Ok, fair enough"

Associate
It's been some years since me and my ex broke up but even never making it to marriage, even dropping £20 on something "not essential" would result in some choice words. I don't even want to imagine how she'd have reacted to my dropping £1850 in one purchase
I have to some how cover the fact I have just dropped 1470 on a 3080 and a new monitor...... but tbf this is why we have solo and joint accounts

So I can squirrel away money for upgrades and not have to explain where the money has gone ... I just have to explain why I'm having stuff delivered, lucky she don't know how much stuff costs lol

She knows about the gpu.... now I need to figure out how to explain the monitor.....

Soldato
I have to some how cover the fact I have just dropped 1470 on a 3080 and a new monitor...... but tbf this is why we have solo and joint accounts

So I can squirrel away money for upgrades and not have to explain where the money has gone ... I just have to explain why I'm having stuff delivered, lucky she don't know how much stuff costs lol

She knows about the gpu.... now I need to figure out how to explain the monitor.....
It came with it as part of a deal

Soldato
My girlfriend (who doesn't live with me) questioned why I purchase one of these GPU's for the price they are....I just told her.

"Until you make more money then me then I will listen to you about what I spend my money on, until then you don't have a voice in this." Her response......"Ok, fair enough"

Your girlfriend probably won't ever live with you if you keep talking to her like that...good plan if meant

Soldato

So on the flip side do you always question her purchasing decisions because she earns less than you?

My frame of mind with tech purchases is "would I be willing to spend this much on a car that I need for me to make a living/pay mortgage/bills etc." If the answer is no, I don't buy it.

That's around £500 :o

Soldato
So on the flip side do you always question her purchasing decisions because she earns less than you?

My frame of mind with tech purchases is "would I be willing to spend this much on a car that I need for me to make a living/pay mortgage/bills etc." If the answer is no, I don't buy it.

That's around £500 :o
Well buy the car first and if you can, buy a gpu?

Most if not all who buy this already have a roof over there head, paying the bills etc etc mate

Soldato
Well buy the car first and if you can, buy a gpu?

Most if not all who buy this already have a roof over there head, paying the bills etc etc mate

Wasn't pointing my finger at anyone, just giving me mind set on the situation of expensive purchases. I wasn't talking literally, it's just how I personally decide if a purchase of a depreciating item is worth it.

Caporegime
even dropping £20 on something "not essential" would result in some choice words.
Sounds like a living nightmare. :eek:

LOL... it may be the truth of the matter but you can potentially work a little on your diplomacy skills for the future, because if I was a woman and you talked to me with that kind of 1960's lingo you would be attending to your own desires for the foreseeable future. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom