• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Un-Official Offical Queue Email Thread

Associate
Hey, never used this forum before but I'm wondering if anyone has rough numbers on the 3080 queues? Trying to figure out if it's even worth putting in a preorder of £700 if I'm just going to get it next year anyway.

Associate
Hey, never used this forum before but I'm wondering if anyone has rough numbers on the 3080 queues? Trying to figure out if it's even worth putting in a preorder of £700 if I'm just going to get it next year anyway.

Depends what card you want to order. Some of the more popular manufacturers like ASUS and MSI have large queues in their thousands. I ordered a Zotac Trinity OC card on the 29th September and I’m 24th in the queue because it’s a less popular brand.

It depends what you want out of the card, the ASUS benchmarks appear to be strong compared to some of the other cards at that price point however for me personally, I’d rather have 2/3 FPS less but a 5 year guarantee and a card in hand sooner; which is why I went for the Zotac.

Associate
Not too sure I give much credence to the queue number OC is reporting. I only ordered my 3090 Strix on Thursday and was given a queue number of 122. Yet someone in the forums who ordered when it came out had a higher number than me. Now clearly there's people who'll say they bought a 3090 when in fact it's a 3080, but even so, when you consider all the resellers, all the AIB's, the custom PC market and the small use case for the 3090, the numbers don't stack up.

I think you must have ordered the non OC variant. The OC model has been by far the most popular 3090 and has resulted in vastly more pre orders. I may be wrong ofc

Associate
Anyone on any card over 50th place its going to be a long wait..Im not talking months here but weeks(is still a long wait), Just me having bad feelings i guess after a few beers So i hope im wrong

Associate
I enjoyed the info we extracted from the spreadsheet of order times we put together before the official queue existed, so though it might be interesting to collect similar data in a spreadsheet now we have the official queue.

I hope this will:
  • Add some info when new emails come out so we can better keep track of rate of deliveries
  • Give us some better answers when people ask how long queues are, or which might be a good card to order now
  • See how well the queue was accurately generated
  • Help people like me whose queue position really doesn't match their order time double check so we can contact OC
Form to submit data to is here: https://forms.gle/4WKHGJqWht6MYMnz8

Only REQUIRED data is 3080/3090 and which of those you ordered, your original order time, your queue position, and the date the queue was generated (this is on the queue position email, top right corner. I hope it'll help with tracking people's updates).

There are also space for the first 5 digits of both the warehouse and webstore order numbers, and forum username, the first two to add comparison data, and the last as a second point for tracking order updates.

Results can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nqzTL2tEIl5FLQqZLdTeJ2iLAOBR-yVURCgbsTn5LSU/edit?usp=sharing

I've seeded it with a small data set (13 entries) from this just to give a little bit so I could work out how to lay out the data. Currently I've got a page per manufacturer, but depending on how easy the data is to read it might need splitting up per card.

If you feel like it I'd love it if people would submit some data!

Associate
I enjoyed the info we extracted from the spreadsheet of order times we put together before the official queue existed, so though it might be interesting to collect similar data in a spreadsheet now we have the official queue.

I hope this will:
  • Add some info when new emails come out so we can better keep track of rate of deliveries
  • Give us some better answers when people ask how long queues are, or which might be a good card to order now
  • Help people like me whose queue position really doesn't match their order time double check so we can contact OC

Only REQUIRED data is 3080/3090 and which of those you ordered, your original order time, your queue position, and the date the queue was generated (this is on the queue position email, top right corner. I hope it'll help with tracking people's updates).

There are also space for the first 5 digits of both the warehouse and webstore order numbers, and forum username, the first two to add comparison data, and the last as a second point for tracking order updates.

Results can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nqzTL2tEIl5FLQqZLdTeJ2iLAOBR-yVURCgbsTn5LSU/edit?usp=sharing

I've seeded it with a small data set (13 entries) from this just to give a little bit so I could work out how to lay out the data. Currently I've got a page per manufacturer, but depending on how easy the data is to read it might need splitting up per card.

I have submitted info but managed to put that I’d ordered a Ventus but have actually ordered a Gaming X3. Hope that makes your MSI page make more sense! Apologies.

Associate
I have submitted info but managed to put that I’d ordered a Ventus but have actually ordered a Gaming X3. Hope that makes your MSI page make more sense! Apologies.

No problem, easily fixed, and you told me (there are one or two other results that I suspect are the wrong card, but it feels rude to PM/at a forum member kind enough to enter data to double check, but I don't want to alter data that I can't be certain is wrong)

I also noticed while editing your entry that I was filtering out everyone who didn't give their forum username, or about a 5th of results, so thankyou.

Associate
hi for my tuf gaming oc on unoficcial it said 2204 and on oc they say 714 when do you think i will get the card as rn im on intel grapics

Associate
hi for my tuf gaming oc on unoficcial it said 2204 and on oc they say 714 when do you think i will get the card as rn im on intel grapics
I would wait until next week, the update of the list again should give an idea of the supply situation, ie how many cards they are receiving, that said I expect the figure to ramp up as supplies become more readiful.

Associate

I hope this will:

Seems unusual; I'm position 1399 but on the sheet 2 people ordered after me and are in position 526 and 627?
Am I missing something? I paid on card and had my confirmation the same day. I'm presuming perhaps the other two ordered before me but payments may have been confirmed around the same time I put my order in (hence their higher position in the queue) ?

Back
Top Bottom