Star Wars Squadrons

Soldato
You can use a hat switch to look around, but it's the normal swing to the left, to the right. Not really looking around, the only obvious way to do that is either Track IR or VR.

Only thing lacking in game is tracked aiming at the same time, works well in both Everspace and X-RebirthVR. I guess it'd be a little unbalanced though:)

Soldato
You can use a hat switch to look around, but it's the normal swing to the left, to the right. Not really looking around, the only obvious way to do that is either Track IR or VR.

Only thing lacking in game is tracked aiming at the same time, works well in both Everspace and X-RebirthVR. I guess it'd be a little unbalanced though:)

I'm under the impression that Trackir is not implemented, has that changed?

Associate
Enjoying this so far, I just can't fly, I definitely don't have the force and I need to learn the controls properly...I have the Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS setup and aprt from having too many buttons and controls to remember it's working well. I've only done SP so far, looks nice no bugs that I've noticed.

Soldato
2 "solutions" to some problems so far:

- issues with high hz monitors and the frame rate looking like 30fps: in game you have to set your refresh rate to 60hz and enable vsync. It's a bug and this is the best you're gonna get for now.
- issues with vsync turning itself off after 1 game and you needing to close and reopen game: for nvidia set the vsync in your nvidia control panel. for amd you need to use Radeon chill set at 60 fps max, for some reason the vsync options aren't working for me or cause stuttering.
- issue with fleet battle tutorial where the star destroyer never gets below 1hp: you have to do the mission without dying for some reason.

otherwise i'm really enjoying the game. playing it on an xbox pad right now so it's not perfect but getting a hotas arriving soon, can't wait.

Caporegime
Always fancied a VR Star Wars game and Wow! this is incredible in VR.

Just flying about and looking around is so immersive, never mind the shooting at stuff! :D

I'm having a mare getting my controls right with either my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Stick or X-Box 360 pad,it just seems to fly "wrong" but I think I'm slowly getting there, despite this its still a superb VR experience.

Pretty impressive @4K with my 1080ti too, smooth and looks stunning, the only thing that tanks my performance is if I push the resolution scale too far.

If you have a VR headset gathering dust, give this a whirl! :cool:

Soldato
Only really fancied the single player and heard it was fairly short so just rented it for a month on Origin. Performance is good so far, mostly hitting 165fps @ 1440p. Just playing it on a pad.

Soldato
My man cave is almost complete, I'll be able to play on my c9 soon (only using a gtx1080 though), I want a 3080 but apparently they're a bit hard to get hold of or something:D.

Don
Between the deadzone issues on my HOTAS and the framerate / refresh issues affecting the VR headsets, I've decided to hold off playing the game much more. The deadzone issues means that the flight path isn't smooth, which in combination with the refresh issue in VR makes everything just plain uncomfortable. I can't do more than a single mission without needing a break to avoid vomit central.

When it does work though, it's awesome :)

Associate
Just played 3 hours in VR with the Rift-S no issues at all.

Other than at some point the SteamVR shortcut on the touch controllers didn't work so I had to sit wonky because I couldn't reset area.

Soldato
Have this working fine with my quest and link cable, however I tried for an hour on Friday to use virtual desktop.

I have the origin version of the game, has anyone else got VD working with Squadrons?

Gunny is the worst thing in this game...terrible character choice.

Associate
Found this very unusual to play at first on controller, I think mostly due to not getting the throttle controls figured out for a while. Also found it pretty janky the first time I inadvertently came to a complete halt in midair!

Considering getting a HOTAS at some point for this and digging out my Rift, but between I assume this and Flight Sim, there seems to be a lot of stock shortages!

Soldato
If you are playing on controller are you using
1) the default control layout
2) The aviator layout

I used Aviator to start with but it seemed to really impede the ability to roll, so I soon went back to default. However I'm still not totally sold on throttle and roll being on one stick.

Back
Top Bottom