• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
7th in the queue for the xtreme, hopefully i'll be in the first batch, still a few weeks wait from now though.

Associate
I picked the card up earlier and I’ve only just got it in with sorting the kids and playing football. It’s a very big and heavy card, I’ll say that much. If I put my hand near it in the case, you can feel the heat coming off the back of the PCB too, having it vertically, I pray for my NVME.

I’ve only just done a benchmark in Forza and it ran ace at 1440p but those are standard. I think I’ve got the oc bios set, I can’t see because it’s vertical now, but it managed to auto boost to 1995mhz on the benchmark which is impressive. It’s got a tiny bit of coil whine but I won’t notice it with headphones on and the glass panel. Sorry this post seems a mess. I’ve added some pictures to an imgur link below. If you want any more pics or benchmarks, or anything more about the card, I’m happy to help and provide what I can

https://imgur.com/gallery/HmUFEhB

https://imgur.com/gallery/MbT6SYJ

Interesting thanks for the pics! Looks like there's a bit of sag on the gpu having it vertical like that unless it's just the pic. What riser cable are you using as allegedly there was issues with some I'm trying to find a link to it. I have my 2080s vertical but not sure what way to go when my Master arrives.

Also Forza should run 4k really well too it's an incredibly well optimised game!

Associate
I picked the card up earlier and I’ve only just got it in with sorting the kids and playing football. It’s a very big and heavy card, I’ll say that much. If I put my hand near it in the case, you can feel the heat coming off the back of the PCB too, having it vertically, I pray for my NVME.

I’ve only just done a benchmark in Forza and it ran ace at 1440p but those are standard. I think I’ve got the oc bios set, I can’t see because it’s vertical now, but it managed to auto boost to 1995mhz on the benchmark which is impressive. It’s got a tiny bit of coil whine but I won’t notice it with headphones on and the glass panel. Sorry this post seems a mess. I’ve added some pictures to an imgur link below. If you want any more pics or benchmarks, or anything more about the card, I’m happy to help and provide what I can

Looks great. Any idea what the max power limit is?

Associate
Interesting thanks for the pics! Looks like there's a bit of sag on the gpu having it vertical like that unless it's just the pic. What riser cable are you using as allegedly there was issues with some I'm trying to find a link to it. I have my 2080s vertical but not sure what way to go when my Master arrives.

Also Forza should run 4k really well too it's an incredibly well optimised game!

Yeah, I think it was from when I had my 2080 in it, it’s where the riser clips to the case, there’s some wobble which forces the card down. It’s the coolermaster one. I’m surprised how good forza runs. It took a while to get into the riser too, being so big and awkward to hold didn’t help matters.

Soldato

noticed about coil whine... run uni valley at 720p for 30 mins... thing will scream at you, specially when you exit but should run in the cards caps .

Associate
OP
Anyone for a queue update? I know we can work it out ourselves right now, but they did say update when they ships cards.

Quote "we will send an update after each shipment with your new position".

Soldato
running it through now. How come you suggest 720p over 1080 or 1440?

It's a GPU based stress test, racks up huge frame rates. You'll see when you'll exit it, jumps into like 500fps and the card will scream. Any card does it normally .

Not sure if you've seen zotac /Asus or gigabyte factory videos but when testing cards, it's not that long and the factory is loud. Staff that are overseeing about 5 cards at once have ear defenders on.

Hopefully coil whine eases. Though sometimes PSU can be the cause when it was fine with another card. Happened when I had 980ti Strix from 660ti EVGA. Was AX850 Corsair but just didn't like the Strix card

Can also run the loop at 1440p to be sure as well :)

Also wondering, able to mount the GPU normally (seen others have done this in the dynamic case ) and see the temps ? Wondering if vapour chamber works better in default position

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom