• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
zen3.jpeg

Amazing to notice nVidia cards being used, not even a 5700xt lol... and they daren't show 6000 series.

Soldato
I think "old tat" is a bit of an exaggeration.
Yeah, I was exaggerating a wee bit :p
What would be the negative impact of PCIe retimers...How would you know the retimers have been removed, is something we can check or are we reliant on Asus posting a blog?
Cost, they're expensive. As for knowing if they're used or not, that's an engineering thing us Joe Public would probably have access to. I believe reviews of the TRX40 boards did discuss how the use of retimers was eliminated, so I'm just theorising that re-engineering done would translate to X570 refreshes. Maybe reviews of the new boards will highlight this. Certainly I'm expecting talk in reviews about why the PCH no longer needs a fan (assuming what Asus did with teh Dark Hero does translate across all vendors).
Maybe it's made using 7nm now so is more power efficient?
If it is an Asmedia design then it'll use whatever they use. If AMD still make it then GloFo 12nm maybe? Or TSMC 12nm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom