Advice please - LG 34GN850

Associate
Sick to death of just moaning about the wait for my 3080 in the forums so I thought I'd do something more positive. I could use some advice or at least get feedback. I'm currently using a Acer Predator XB271HU which I've had since 2016 but I've been thinking of purchasing an LG 34GN850 for the bigger screen resolution.

I feel in some ways this is a side grade but I'm keen on the larger screen and ultrawide seems pretty cool. I'm a gamer so its only for gaming (though with the pandemic I have had to do some work on the sacred gaming pc). Any thoughts or experiences with the monitor I am looking at would be greatly appreciated.

Associate
OP
Not sure if you got it from here or somewhere else, but based on this link, it's meant to be lowering to £799.00. Not sure why the site hasn't updated, but thought I should mention it in case it saves you some £££
Thanks bud, that's exactly what pushed me into buying it, the lower cost. Here is hoping I can mount it on my desk, lol

Associate
What happened? Miss the stock cut off? I messaged them asking about why the price was different and it was due to the fan they were out of stock, I guess the sale was to get rid of what they had or something :(

Associate
OP
What happened? Miss the stock cut off? I messaged them asking about why the price was different and it was due to the fan they were out of stock, I guess the sale was to get rid of what they had or something :(

I ordered when there was stock and now they say there is none, apparently a website error. Raging because I was looking forward to getting this after the BS with the 3080 orders.

Associate
Ah man that sucks :( Although I know it's a VA panel, you might want to look at Gigabyte's offering. Based on the reviews coming out it looks pretty good, and £400, so you could buy two with your budget, or y'know, be sensible and save, but who wants to do that :D

Might be a little wait of course, but worth a look!

Associate
OP
Ah man that sucks :( Although I know it's a VA panel, you might want to look at Gigabyte's offering. Based on the reviews coming out it looks pretty good, and £400, so you could buy two with your budget, or y'know, be sensible and save, but who wants to do that :D

Might be a little wait of course, but worth a look!
Thanks bud, I appreciate the positivity

Associate
Haha I can go one better! It could be worse - you could have owned an LG34GK950 that was utterly perfect, only to accidentally hit the corner of it and break it, landing yourself with a £659 repair bill, and be forced to a 24" 60Hz display instead *cries in nerd*

Associate
OP
Haha I can go one better! It could be worse - you could have owned an LG34GK950 that was utterly perfect, only to accidentally hit the corner of it and break it, landing yourself with a £659 repair bill, and be forced to a 24" 60Hz display instead *cries in nerd*
Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom