*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Man of Honour
It's launch day for the Quest 2!

With many of us receiving our shiny new headsets today, please feel free to submit the obligatory ***It's here!*** post in here :p

Please use this thread to discuss everything about your Quest 2, from first impressions to ongoing experiences, issues, advice and accessory/game recommendations. It's my intention that this can become a valuable place for owners to share information, as well as assisting those who are thinking about dipping in to make well informed decisions.

Find the leak/pre-release hype thread here.

Soldato
It's here! So much for delivery on Thursday!

Only issue is... I need to work :(. Blooming work, blooming money... started setup, left it on charge whilst doing so. Will get through the urgent stuff quickly and try it out.

First problem I've come across though, I'm a damp human being, give off lots of condensation. I've already had to wipe the condensation off the lenses twice. And it doesn't come with a microfibre towel, which is irritating.

EDIT - The box is smaller than I expected too!

Soldato
First problem I've come across though, I'm a damp human being, give off lots of condensation. I've already had to wipe the condensation off the lenses twice. And it doesn't come with a microfibre towel, which is irritating.

Once it warms up the fogging should stop and a simple fan pointed at you should pretty much negate it happening at all.

Soldato
Mine is out for delivery. Should get it this afternoon. Working from home, so won't be able to try it properly until tonight, but I'll get it setup ready. Already had to merge my Oculus account with a new Facebook one (I really wish that wasn't necessary), so should be just a matter of adding the headset in the Oculus app, updating and taking it from there.

Soldato
Just played some of the first steps/contact whatever it's called. Only hit the lampshade twice. Once hitting the swinging ball, and the second time, trying to smash a rocket with the table tennis bat...

Loving it so far.

Soldato
Just played some of the first steps/contact whatever it's called. Only hit the lampshade twice. Once hitting the swinging ball, and the second time, trying to smash a rocket with the table tennis bat...

Loving it so far.

Neat tip (maybe; I haven't tried it yet as this will be my first VR experience, but I've seen it mentioned a few places):

Stick a textured mat on the floor, like a bathroom floor mat or something. That way, you can feel when you're not where you're meant to be in the room. Saves crashing in to furniture.

I'll be giving this a go later using the nipper's foam tiles. Not got much space to play.

Soldato
Best thing about the Quest is you're not tied to a PC or one room. You can take it to huge areas and experience full roomscale, which is an incredible experience.

Soldato
Neat tip (maybe; I haven't tried it yet as this will be my first VR experience, but I've seen it mentioned a few places):

Stick a textured mat on the floor, like a bathroom floor mat or something. That way, you can feel when you're not where you're meant to be in the room. Saves crashing in to furniture.

I'll be giving this a go later using the nipper's foam tiles. Not got much space to play.

I've adjusted the lounge rug for that, but it's not going to move where the light is...

Associate
I ordered mine on Friday with the Oculus Link (horribly overpriced and glorified USB C cable) still waiting for shipping confirmation :(
I'm moving from an Oculus Rift CV1 so I'm expecting much clearer displays. Also looking forward to putting away the external sensors!

Associate
I'm a first time VR user and HOLY **** this is amazing! just setting up the thing is beautiful, its beating me up with its premium design. I don't even have headphones plugged in and jeepers!

I'm telling everyone to get one now. haha. ah geez... I'm 38 going on 16 again, life is wonderful!

WQEc5io.jpg

Back
Top Bottom