P20 pro upgrade to?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Out of interest what do you find is an issue with the camera in the P30?

Lost of focus
Switches between cameras in the least convenient moments and this usually results in a poorer quality image.
Representation of colours is bad, its not even neutral...
Exposure and Gamma levels are bad to the extent even whilst editing its hard to make it look presentable.
Its slow

There's probably more, but these are just a few from top of my head. Try any of the Pixels and you'll see how crap P30 is. :) Only positive about the P30 Pro for me are the battery life and price, that's about it. Could probably say performance, but mobile gaming just seems pointless...

Soldato
Had the same dilemma recently. Had my P20 Pro for a couple of years but unfortunately needs replacing as the rear camera screen is cracked (blame my daughter for throwing it). On the whole I've been very happy with it and could have seen myself using it for a couple more years. I contemplated getting anothee used P20 or P30 Pro but in the end I've ordered a Pixel 5. Only upgrade my phones every 3 years or so and quite fancied going back to a stock android handset.

Associate
OP
POCO F2 Pro Grey 6GB + 128GB
£299 × 1
Mi True Wireless Earphones 2 Basic White
£0 × 1
Mi Smart Band 5 Black
£0 × 1

Net amount : £299 Discount : -£20 Shipping : £0 Total amount : £279 Already shipped from XIAOMI UK sold out very quickly but I was watching hot uk deals this morning.

Soldato
Lost of focus
Switches between cameras in the least convenient moments and this usually results in a poorer quality image.
Representation of colours is bad, its not even neutral...
Exposure and Gamma levels are bad to the extent even whilst editing its hard to make it look presentable.
Its slow

There's probably more, but these are just a few from top of my head. Try any of the Pixels and you'll see how crap P30 is. :) Only positive about the P30 Pro for me are the battery life and price, that's about it. Could probably say performance, but mobile gaming just seems pointless...

That seems fair TBH. I've experienced the loss of focus and switching of modes myself on P20 Pro and Mate 20 Pro. Doesn't bother me hugely. But it's certainly a "thing".

Colours are certainly dodgy, especially when the AI gets involved. It's like "Oh look. Grass! Grass should be green. So more green must be better!" I remember reading a P20 Pro review (which was positive, overall) that drew parallels between the Huawei AI and the behaviour of a toddler. I'll look back at holiday snaps taken with these phones, and they look great. But the sky was never that shade of blue.

I've enjoyed using both my Huawei handsets. But the big features are the zoom and the low light capabilities. Other manufacturers have since caught up on the latter. But AFAIK, not many can match a 50x zoom (P30 Pro), let alone 100x zoom (P40 Pro).

Back
Top Bottom