**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Yep, one week on and it has been very good. The camera is better than expected, I didn't think it would be particularly responsive but it focuses on what I want it to with ease. The front camera is satisfactory, it's not winning any awards. Battery life seems a little worse than my redmi note Pro 8 but that thing lasted for days, I'll get 1 day+ from the poco with heavy use. I can't fault the speed at which the phone runs though, it's very snappy and the display is as good as expected for an LCD.

£210 really is a bargain considering the poverty spec you get from a similar priced Samsung.

Exactly, for that sort of cash, it's brilliant. I paid £300 for my f2 and I really can't find a fault with it at all. Also lasts a full day with heavy use.

If I get 2 years out of your t like I did with the Poco f1 then it's money well spent.

Caporegime
I have a P20 Pro and im looking at the Poco F3... X3!

Do you think its "worth it" On paper they are very similar bit bigger battery, worse screen etc etc.... Both seem alike...

Im so bored of this phone but honestly its really still good enough. ?? (money burns hole in wallet)

Associate
I have a P20 Pro and im looking at the Poco F3... X3!

Do you think its "worth it" On paper they are very similar bit bigger battery, worse screen etc etc.... Both seem alike...

Im so bored of this phone but honestly its really still good enough. ?? (money burns hole in wallet)

Not much of an upgrade

Associate
Not much of an upgrade
Agreed. I have the mate 20 Pro and wouldnt bother with that. It has a bigger battery and the smoother screen scrolling that's it. Otherwise the processor would actually be a downgrade for me. Any snapdragon below the 855 is a downgrade from the kirin 980. Even so the 855 5g wasn't good on battery life. Not sure about the kirin 970. I'd only upgrade to a phone with sp 865 or dimensity 1000+.

Associate
Apologies if it's already been covered but for all those with the Poco X3 NFC; do UK Banking Apps work fine on the phone (I use both Natwest & Barclays)?

One of the reviews on Youtube mentioned the phone arriving with an unlocked bootloader.

Soldato
Apologies if it's already been covered but for all those with the Poco X3 NFC; do UK Banking Apps work fine on the phone (I use both Natwest & Barclays)?

One of the reviews on Youtube mentioned the phone arriving with an unlocked bootloader.
I am using Barclays, Tesco and Halifax just fine. However, the fingerprint login function seems to bork out on them and cut to password login.

Associate
I am using Barclays, Tesco and Halifax just fine. However, the fingerprint login function seems to bork out on them and cut to password login.

Thank you, for the response/help.

EDIT - gone ahead and ordered a 128GB model as it was in-stock. I think the OnePlus Nord is my ideal mid-ranger but the £130 extra is hard to justify.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So annoyed, could have got a Poco F2 Pro for £275 (plus some freebies I could sell on), but the stupid site wouldn't accept my postcode and livechat couldn't do anything about it.

Now I have to wait for Black Friday to see if anything crops up.

Soldato
Thank you, for the response/help.

EDIT - gone ahead and ordered a 128GB model as it was in-stock. I think the OnePlus Nord is my ideal mid-ranger but the £130 extra is hard to justify.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I think that's an MIUI issue or at least an issue with the FP scanner that Xiaomi use as I have issues on my Poco F2 with some banking apps.

Good to know it isn't just me, thanks.

Associate
I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Got the phone Wednesday, been transferring from my old phone (Honor 10) over the past few days. Initial impressions are good, perhaps a tad on the big side but I knew that going in.

My only real issue has been getting Gmail notifications to work. The Poco X3 is super aggressive on closing apps down which plays havoc with not getting notifications. My old phone was similar but this seems to take it to a new level.

Soldato
Got the phone Wednesday, been transferring from my old phone (Honor 10) over the past few days. Initial impressions are good, perhaps a tad on the big side but I knew that going in.

My only real issue has been getting Gmail notifications to work. The Poco X3 is super aggressive on closing apps down which plays havoc with not getting notifications. My old phone was similar but this seems to take it to a new level.
I think in Apps > App permissions or somewhere you can amend the level of battery saver for each app.

Back
Top Bottom