30cm deep frying pan, oven safe, induction

Soldato
Spec me plz.

The last one was a Jamie Oliver non-stick I got for Xmas several years ago.

The non-stick surface is starting to degrade.

I have an induction hob, so needs to work on that, I'm also not fussed if it isn't non-stick but some other surface, cast iron etc.

30cm wide (give or take a bit either way), needs to be oven proof and reasonably deep.

Budget, maybe up to £100 obviously less if you can get something as good for a lot less money.

Soldato
I have the Circulon Infinite which I'd recommend, meets all your specs and is well under budget. I use it on a gas hob so can't comment on how well it works on induction.

Caporegime
Soldato
yes (multi-ply) pro cook or equivalent

re-posting https://www.centurylife.org/cookware-even-heating-rankings-induction-and-electric/
Ironic that debuyer is first ... *but* their dedicated multii-ply induction range - but thats £200
carbon steel is not there

more eloquently worded than the carbon critique i made in other thread
https://forums.egullet.org/topic/157905-crazy-and-inaccurate-claims-roll-on-in-the-cookware-and-food-industry/
Everyone either bonds on a very thin ferromagnetic disk or makes the full outer layer of their clad from thin ferromagnetic steel. JoNorvelle has mentioned Fissler, which makes some of the best disk-base designs, as does Paderno (Italy) in their Grand Gourmet line; the Paderno is more restaurant-oriented and can sometimes be had on Euro eBay sites for shockingly little money. The conductive disks sandwiched between the pan body and the mnagnetowafer need to be quite thick to ameliorate that thermal "doughnut", like >6mm. As you might imagine, this strategy results in quite a slowing of these pans' responsiveness, so follow your needs.

Demeyere is another top-flite Euro (Belgian/Zwilling German) mark, and somewhat unique in that they mix disk-base and clad constructions even within the same lines. I consider their Proline 5* skillets to be the best available. They innovate a lot (which is why I work with them). I believe no one else uses steel which is alloyed to manipulate the Curie Point, so the ContrilInduc pans will not overheat on induction. This is a fabulous feature for the aged, forgetful and those who know what PTFE pans can do when overheated. France's Sitram is getting back in the game

In my opinion, the carbon steel fashion has very little to do with induction, although it works acceptably. The pans are used all over commercially because they are very cheap (far cheaper than Blu, MadeIn, and Daarto ask), easily replaceable, and here's the big boon--they season like a dream to nearly nonstick. Restaurants can afford stacks of them, and when single servings are fired on placques, there's no real concern about even heat.

Soldato
Spec me plz.

The last one was a Jamie Oliver non-stick I got for Xmas several years ago.

The non-stick surface is starting to degrade.

I have an induction hob, so needs to work on that, I'm also not fussed if it isn't non-stick but some other surface, cast iron etc.

30cm wide (give or take a bit either way), needs to be oven proof and reasonably deep.

Budget, maybe up to £100 obviously less if you can get something as good for a lot less money.
I have this, as well as a few non-stick triply plys and a cast iron casserole, the le creuset triple ply stuff is phenomenal.

https://aolcookshop.co.uk/products/signature-stainless-steel-shallow-casserole-30cm

Fairly sure the bicester Le Creuset had the non-signature version for close to £100 a few weeks back :)

Back
Top Bottom