• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Inno3D Twin X2 OC 3080

Associate
Good looking card, considering it's the runt of the litter.

WDdtpn4.jpg

9xURLJP.jpg

WADIXwF.jpg

to5Sh5P.jpg

I just want to know how noisy it is, what temperatures we can expect idling and under heavy usage and how the card looks because I haven’t seen a picture of it or the textures only some online pictures that aren’t very clear.

I reckon if you made a little YouTube video you would get a lot of attention because it would be the only one on the Internet right now

Card installed. I ran Superposition at 4k after letting it get to idle temps for 20 mins or so. Room temps around 20ºC. Case fans on low speed. I got 73ºC max.
L9fonLR.png

I've then been running Heaven and it sits at a consistent 74-75ºC
Clock speed bouncing between approx. 1780-1880

6gtPLBd.png

Associate
Good looking card, considering it's the runt of the litter.

WDdtpn4.jpg

9xURLJP.jpg

WADIXwF.jpg

to5Sh5P.jpg

Card installed. I ran Superposition at 4k after letting it get to idle temps for 20 mins or so. Room temps around 20ºC. Case fans on low speed. I got 73ºC max.
L9fonLR.png

I've then been running Heaven and it sits at a consistent 74-75ºC
Clock speed bouncing between approx. 1780-1880

6gtPLBd.png
Nice, how loud is it?

Associate
Pretty loud unfortunately. I'm used to a water cooled card though, so probably being a little unfair to it.
I think it was reporting fans at 66% during the Heaven bench. Sounded like an average 120mm case fan on full whack.
It’s a dual fan , no ones suprised, do you happen to have a recording of the sound with case closed or open just to figure out how loud it really is

Associate
It’s a dual fan , no ones suprised, do you happen to have a recording of the sound with case closed or open just to figure out how loud it really is
I installed a sound meter on my phone. I placed the phone on top of my PC case, away from any direct exhaust fans.
Background ambient noise is ~25dB, whilst fans are set to silent and there is no load on GPU.
Case fans all set to max (mix of 120, 140 and 200mm Bitfenix fans) it jumps to ~42dB.
With the case fans back on silent, and Heaven bench running I got the following:
35% 30dB
60% 34dB
70% 38dB
80% 40dB

(Percentage is fan speed, not load)

Associate
I installed a sound meter on my phone. I placed the phone on top of my PC case, away from any direct exhaust fans.
Background ambient noise is ~25dB, whilst fans are set to silent and there is no load on GPU.
Case fans all set to max (mix of 120, 140 and 200mm Bitfenix fans) it jumps to ~42dB.
With the case fans back on silent, and Heaven bench running I got the following:
35% 30dB
60% 34dB
70% 38dB
80% 40dB

(Percentage is fan speed, not load)
Not bad, it’s what you expect from dual fan.

I am 11 in queue , if this shipment was 20pcs and the next is 10-20 pcs then I should be OK.

If someone cancels then that’s even better because if there’s a shipment of 10 then I will be included in that.

now the question is....when is the next shipment of twin x2 ocs

Associate
I've received my X2 Inno3D as well but it is heating up to 85C inside a H500p case that's got a lot of airflow going through it. It actually smells like burned rubber and I had to get my brother to come in to verify that it wasn't just me imagining things. I have to set the fans to 80% speed to keep tolerable temperatures (it sounds like a jet engine) and that's in a room with ambient temperature of roughly 10C....

I'm not sure whether to return this or not. Undervolting and underclocking has done literally nothing to stave off the temperature increase.

Associate
I've received my X2 Inno3D as well but it is heating up to 85C inside a H500p case that's got a lot of airflow going through it. It actually smells like burned rubber and I had to get my brother to come in to verify that it wasn't just me imagining things. I have to set the fans to 80% speed to keep tolerable temperatures (it sounds like a jet engine) and that's in a room with ambient temperature of roughly 10C....

I'm not sure whether to return this or not. Undervolting and underclocking has done literally nothing to stave off the temperature increase.
What do you expect from a dual fan card?

Associate
Not to smell burned? That tells me something has shorted in the fan before it even arrived at my doorstep. If burned smell is an acceptable thing because it's a dual fan, then it shouldn't be sold on the market.

Associate
Not to smell burned? That tells me something has shorted in the fan before it even arrived at my doorstep. If burned smell is an acceptable thing because it's a dual fan, then it shouldn't be sold on the market.
The burning smell is definitely not good I was talking about how loud it is. When I first got my dual fan RX 5700XT it reached high temps and there was a small burning smell too but it went away , I think this is just due to the fact it’s fresh out the factory with all new plastic so when it’s on high heat it will smell a bit

Anyway, refund it if you want but you won’t get a 3080 til next year if you refund it.

Also if it breaks you can just refund and RMA it so you will get your money back .

I recommend just using it as usual

Associate
Ended up actually calling Overclockers and they've arranged for it to be RMA'd on Monday. Was actually kind of impressed with how short of a timeframe that is. Probably just gonna end up refunding it though and sticking it out with the 2060 for now. I didn't fully appreciate how much quieter my system is with the 2060...even on idle, the X2 Twin sounds like a jet engine by comparison.

Associate
Ended up actually calling Overclockers and they've arranged for it to be RMA'd on Monday. Was actually kind of impressed with how short of a timeframe that is. Probably just gonna end up refunding it though and sticking it out with the 2060 for now. I didn't fully appreciate how much quieter my system is with the 2060...even on idle, the X2 Twin sounds like a jet engine by comparison.

All that waiting and suspense for an RTX 3080 and you decide to RMA because it’s loud? :confused:

That’s sad to hear man, surely you could have tweaked some settings like put it in silent mode or turn down fan speed or close the case panel.

I mean what do you expect with such a powerful card like the RTX 3080 cooled by only two air fans and it’s by an unknown company.

If you have a headset on and your playing games and your computer is below you or even to your side with the panel shut and some settings tweaked it should be pretty silent.

Anyway I was 11th in queue so your RMA will drop me down to 10 and possibly single digits so I am looking forward to that! :rolleyes:

Good Luck

Associate
I did not say I RMA'd it because it was too loud. The noise is annoying, yes, but the real problem was the smell. It was actually getting in the way of normal breathing and I started questioning whether it was safe to keep it running so I turned it off and the OC guy at technical support advised me to send it back. The smell seemed to be coming from one fan entirely when I sniffed it more closely. Fan 1 area of the GPU was almost cold to the touch by comparison. Something was definitely wrong there.

I accepted the risk that it would run very hot, I don't think a card should for sale if it's literally melting circuitry.

Associate
I did not say I RMA'd it because it was too loud. The noise is annoying, yes, but the real problem was the smell. It was actually getting in the way of normal breathing and I started questioning whether it was safe to keep it running so I turned it off and the OC guy at technical support advised me to send it back.
Jesus Christ! In that case you are right!

Did they offer to replace or refund? What did you end up choosing.

And that’s crazy that it smells that bad :mad:

Associate
They said that they're going to check for faults, and if there are any, I'll have the choice of a refund or RMA. If there's a fault, I'd rather not wait for the same card again. I will just go AMD instead since I might as well double down on the AMD-only build.

Their service was great to me though, so there's that. I don't mind waiting.

Back
Top Bottom