• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should i get a 3080?

TrM

TrM

Associate
its not so much if you sould go for one.

Its if you can get one intime stock shortages everywhare atm

Permabanned
Got a 3080 TUF OC on order and can't decide whether to go with it or cancel. I want new tech so RT is important. This is where Nvidia privide the best performance. Now it looks as though AMD have the same or better rasterization performance and this may very well force Nvidia to abandon the 30 series early.

It's a bad time to buy a GPU.

Associate
Personally I would never upgrade to only the next generation its not worth it especially with the pricing on cards as it is recently. I like making my card last a few years, feels like a waste otherwise. Sounds hypocritical as am in the que for a 3080 but its to upgrade my 6 year old 970 so i think ive done alright. Still should have waited to see what big navi is showing on the 28th Oct.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Got a 3080 TUF OC on order and can't decide whether to go with it or cancel. I want new tech so RT is important. This is where Nvidia privide the best performance. Now it looks as though AMD have the same or better rasterization performance and this may very well force Nvidia to abandon the 30 series early.

It's a bad time to buy a GPU.

i think its a good time to buy a gpu 3080 at this price is really good and amd are fianlly going to bring out a comperable top end card.

were all really looking at leaks and stuff atm we dont know what amd cards are like and what nvidia plans are yet

Associate
Feel like a 2070 even a non-super one is great for another 2-3 years as long as your not pushing too hard for ray tracing or a 4k resolution. Should be able to smash 1440p fine for a while yet. What are the other parts in your PC? Hoping by the end of next year I can stick some new DDR5 RAM and a 12 core CPU in my machine for bigger gains :)

Associate
OP
Feel like a 2070 even a non-super one is great for another 2-3 years as long as your not pushing too hard for ray tracing or a 4k resolution. Should be able to smash 1440p fine for a while yet. What are the other parts in your PC? Hoping by the end of next year I can stick some new DDR5 RAM and a 12 core CPU in my machine for bigger gains :)

My specs as follows;

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
64GB ram 2400mhz
B450 AORUS ELITE motherboard
Samsung SSD 970 EVO 2TB

Associate
Bro you have the same setup as me, except I have 16gb of 3200mhz RAM. Apparantly the new Zen 3 CPU's are giving a 25% performance increase in games over the previous generation so a CPU upgrade for us would be as good as a new graphics card in a way soon :p

Associate
Wait to see what AMD''s offering is like in 5 days time and then make a decision. You'll be in the best position to make an educated choice then on what to pull the trigger on.

Associate
OP
Bro you have the same setup as me, except I have 16gb of 3200mhz RAM. Apparantly the new Zen 3 CPU's are giving a 25% performance increase in games over the previous generation so a CPU upgrade for us would be as good as a new graphics card in a way soon :p

Ah I'm aware of the CPU upgrade will do that in time :) - 64GB ram is for video/graphic editing also streaming. Wanted to play is safe :)

Associate
Wait to see what AMD''s offering is like in 5 days time and then make a decision. You'll be in the best position to make an educated choice then on what to pull the trigger on.

Definitely this. You can wait a week right :) AMD are gonna shake the market up a treat. Seeing as I am still 130 something in the que for a 3080 I have NO problem cancelling still and going for the Navi if its worth it.

Associate
Holy moly Overclockers just this moment emailing me saying ive jumped in the que from 138 to 133, monumental. Yeah 3080's are still basically non-existent.

Back
Top Bottom