• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 prices creeping up daily...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Lets wait and see what AMD do and lets hope the prices will come down..

i want a 3070 for my other pc but i am not paying the asking price at this time

Associate
Haha what a joke I only paid 689 for the 3080, Although it's only a Zotac trinity with only 5% power headroom without a bios but £30! Who the **** in the right mind would pay more than 500-550 for ANY 3070 need their heads testing if you aske me.
I don't get it either. Plenty of people with deep pockets about, but I don't understand them.

Associate
The reason the retailers or these cards are this price is because they think they will sell which they probably will but if people didn't get desperate and wait for the stores to get stuck with stock then they'll have to drop, I know this is easy saying for people who need one and I was lucky to get a 3080 on release day from elsewhere but my god the 3080 is just a different class to the 3070 and no matter whether it's a STRIX or whatever is not worth more than 5-550.

it's time people started to vote with their wallet and don't rush into new tech to learn these greedy sods a lesson.

G J

G J

Associate
People keep saying I'll just wait for the prices to normalise but as soon as the original stock has gone the pricing is very rarely the same again but only goes up as the inflated prices become the norm.

Then some retailers do "deals" where it close to the original price the product launched at.

Soldato
People keep saying I'll just wait for the prices to normalise but as soon as the original stock has gone the pricing is very rarely the same again but only goes up as the inflated prices become the norm.

Then some retailers do "deals" where it close to the original price the product launched at.
I wouldn't like to put any bets on the prices dropping

The 2080ti prices never hardly dropped at all through it whole 2 year life span (if anything they actually went up even higher :eek:)

Associate
I don't think anyone who wasn't born the day before was believing the exchange rate nonsense.

It's not the first time we've heard that though in the history of OCUK launch price increases and I'm sure it won't be the last.

OcUK aren't much different than scalpers then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom