Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Soldato
Well, given that they're showing some rather concerning signs lately I am see why.

It's a source of income for them... They don't need to offer everyone £5k at least offer something.

Ticked the option while opening the account and was instantly award £500, if I remember. Never had to use it.

I am an investor from before they had overdrafts didn't have the option when signing up. Still no option now.

Associate
I am an investor from before they had overdrafts didn't have the option when signing up. Still no option now.

Was definitely an option during the signup processes. But looking at the app I cannot even find out home much it is!

Edit: Actually, within ‘Account’ there is a ‘Manage Overdraft’ option. This then details the current limit and allows you to change the limit.

Soldato
Was definitely an option during the signup processes. But looking at the app I cannot even find out home much it is!

Edit: Actually, within ‘Account’ there is a ‘Manage Overdraft’ option. This then details the current limit and allows you to change the limit.

Yeah I signed up before they offered overdrafts and although I have that button it doesn't offer a overdraft. I have just been told I don't suit what they are looking for so hey ho.

Soldato
I use monzo for daily spends but still haven't braved a full switch even though their app is years ahead of Halifax . One day maybe
Interesting, i never realised the clause excluded cars over 10yrs old. Do most packaged accounts also work like that do you know?
I used lloyds free very basic AA cover a few too many times on 25 year old car and a few £500 bangers so not 100% sure where this idea they don't cover ten year old cars has came from

Soldato
I use monzo for daily spends but still haven't braved a full switch even though their app is years ahead of Halifax . One day maybe

I used lloyds free very basic AA cover a few too many times on 25 year old car and a few £500 bangers so not 100% sure where this idea they don't cover ten year old cars has came from
What's to be brave about ? I don't understand this thought process? They are protected, they are based in the UK and the app is superb :confused:

Man of Honour
Vaguely related to Monzo, which bright spark in Googles dev team though changing the Gmail notification icon to something that is basically an exact wireframe copy of the Monzo notification icon was a good idea :rolleyes:
An envelope was perfect for an email application.

Soldato
I have a fairly high credit score but not a relatively high income. I want a Gucce belt.

Ah the Gucci belts are only reserved for the highest of revenue earners.

Might be a specific condition with a packaged account, but AA/RAC do specifically state on their website that they'll cover a car of any age.

Commissario
Vaguely related to Monzo, which bright spark in Googles dev team though changing the Gmail notification icon to something that is basically an exact wireframe copy of the Monzo notification icon was a good idea :rolleyes:
An envelope was perfect for an email application.
Yeh it's an eyesore :/

Caporegime

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
There is also some detail as to how Monzo came about, I’d be very pleased if that bank with its poor history, stupid coloured card, logo and name went under.

It paints an interesting picture of Tom, who isn’t CEO of Monzo anymore. I have felt Starling to be a better overall bank, some of the stuff Monzo has put out looked rushed and amateurish. You can tell that Starling is run by people with a lot of experience, not some coffee shop hipsters, trying out edgy concept of the month :D

Associate
I quite like how Starling works - its simple and does everything I need it to do without gimmicks, unlike Monzo or Revolut. It sort of reminds me of the differences between Tandem and Chip/Cleo/Plum.

Soldato
Monzo, I’m a Starling customer. I know my opinion is very subjective and irrational but I can’t help it, every time I see a coral card whipped out my blood boils!

Back
Top Bottom