• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You don't think MLID is pretty pro AMD?
He is pro AMD in as much Intel re a shambles right now and Nvidia have been taking the michael for a few years. The positivity to discuss, report on and speculate over is largely for AMD because they are the current golden child.

You've clearly missed MLID ripping into AMD for their RDNA 1 driver issues, getting quite excited over the Ampere leaks and then genuinely disappointed when we got crud in comparison. Lots of genuine optimism and hope that Intel will come back hard with Alder Lake and Sapphire Rapids.

Just because you can't say good things abut Intel and Nvidia right now doesn't make you pro AMD.

Soldato
I did think that Sapphire had the majority of better cards. I had been advised to get a Red devil over a sapphire though so thought I should ask here.

Nice! I think a 6800XT is enough for me. The 6900XT is a bit expensive for my liking. It may come down in price by the time I buy though.
I did think that Sapphire had the majority of better cards. I had been advised to get a Red devil over a sapphire though so thought I should ask here.

Nice! I think a 6800XT is enough for me. The 6900XT is a bit expensive for my liking. It may come down in price by the time I buy though.

if im honest i thought about the red devil 64, but tbh sapphire hasnt let me down since my hd7950 oc

Associate
Reposting this again from earlier, my thoughts on AMD partners

Having used AMD cards for a few generations now i personally rate them thus

Sapphire - #1 Partner, they are like the EVGA of AMD Cards (minus the stepup program) Their cards are generally the best built, Dual Bios, Awesome coolers, nice aesthetics and decently OC'd, there are rumors of a Toxic edition which is traditionally Sapphires highest end cards (alongside Vapor-X)

Powercolor - I am running a Powercolor Red Devil, nice looking, really good overclock on it out of the box and the cooler is second to none, another really good partner, no dual bios though.

XFX - Can be a bit hit and miss, id steer clear of their cheaper stuff as the cooling isnt always that great and they can be loud.

Asrock - New to the party, ive not read brilliant things about them, but ive not used them personally except for my X570 Taichi which has been superb

HIS - Rarely we see a HIS Card, they are often marmite designs you either love or hate, they generally perform ok though for the money.

Gigabyte - Pretty garbage tier really, i dont think they bother too much with Radeon cards, or it seems they dont, coolers are often poorly designed.

MSI - Utter garbage company, had 2 x 290X Gaming X cards and returned them as they were not fit for purpose, backplates got stupidly hot, plus MSI ethics leave a lot to be desired.

Asus - Tripe for AMD cards, utter tripe, no one can forget them prizing an Nvidia cooler onto an AMD card, and you have to pay the glorious Asus tax for that privilege, id steer clear of their stuff unless you are a ROG Drone and absolutely must have their dross ;l)

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
He is pro AMD in as much Intel re a shambles right now and Nvidia have been taking the michael for a few years. The positivity to discuss, report on and speculate over is largely for AMD because they are the current golden child.

You've clearly missed MLID ripping into AMD for their RDNA 1 driver issues, getting quite excited over the Ampere leaks and then genuinely disappointed when we got crud in comparison. Lots of genuine optimism and hope that Intel will come back hard with Alder Lake and Sapphire Rapids.

Just because you can't say good things abut Intel and Nvidia right now doesn't make you pro AMD.

I couldnt summarise that any better, I thought same just worded differently in my head. He's bashing nvidia as he like some of us is sick of their greed and not being honest when it comes release time. He called out the FE prices being severely limited deliberately to front the blame on others which is exactly how it played out. If anyone likes a company that pulls these stunts then they are not worth any time either.

Soldato
if im honest i thought about the red devil 64, but tbh sapphire hasnt let me down since my hd7950 oc

I think I shall stick with Sapphire assuming the reviews come out good.

Sapphire - #1 Partner, they are like the EVGA of AMD Cards (minus the stepup program) Their cards are generally the best built, Dual Bios, Awesome coolers, nice aesthetics and decently OC'd, there are rumors of a Toxic edition which is traditionally Sapphires highest end cards (alongside Vapor-X)

Powercolor - I am running a Powercolor Red Devil, nice looking, really good overclock on it out of the box and the cooler is second to none, another really good partner, no dual bios though.

XFX - Can be a bit hit and miss, id steer clear of their cheaper stuff as the cooling isnt always that great and they can be loud.

Asrock - New to the party, ive not read brilliant things about them, but ive not used them personally except for my X570 Taichi which has been superb

HIS - Rarely we see a HIS Card, they are often marmite designs you either love or hate, they generally perform ok though for the money.

Gigabyte - Pretty garbage tier really, i dont think they bother too much with Radeon cards, or it seems they dont, coolers are often poorly designed.

MSI - Utter garbage company, had 2 x 290X Gaming X cards and returned them as they were not fit for purpose, backplates got stupidly hot, plus MSI ethics leave a lot to be desired.

Asus - Tripe for AMD cards, utter tripe, no one can forget them prizing an Nvidia cooler onto an AMD card, and you have to pay the glorious Asus tax for that privilege, id steer clear of their stuff unless you are a ROG Drone and absolutely must have their dross ;l)

I did read that earlier and thank you for taking the time. It was a good read. I just wanted to be sure.

Associate

Nice. I've not owned an AMD card since the ATi days of the 9700 and x800. Do any of the AIB's allow for users to keep the warranty when removing the coolers?. Saw the EK posts about working with AMD so hopefully that even AMD will allow it on their reference cards.

Soldato

What can I say other then spot on.
I will say that HIS use to get top tier dies for their OEM cards back in the day. And were the best OC'ers back then. But that's before they started making their own coolers. After that I haven't heard much from them since then. I heard they went to another market.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Stealing Kent's format from my experience of AMD over 16 years:

Sapphire - Current vega 56, absolute solid card, a great buy.

Powercolor - I have owned in the past cant remember anything bad about them.

XFX - I have owned one and it was OK, sold it on the bay when it was unneeded.

Asrock, HIS, Gigabyte - Never owned these makes.

MSI - Had one card it was pretty good however I owned a motherboard around same era and that was garbage, will tend to avoid these.

Asus - Going downhill, had lots of motherboards but their build quality I think is getting worse. I hear they are poor for AMD GPU's so will avoid these unless getting nvidia like TUF on them seem good.

Soldato
Sorry if it's been asked but I can't find an answer. How does this Smart access memory differ from hardware accelerated GPU scheduling? It's sounds the same to me.

Full technical details haven't been released yet, but it seems to allow a 5000 series CPU to access all the memory on a 6000 series GPU, without having to transfer it over in smaller chunks. GPU scheduling allows the GPU to handle it's own memory management with less input from the CPU, so they are kind of like two sides of the same coin.

Associate
Nice. I've not owned an AMD card since the ATi days of the 9700 and x800. Do any of the AIB's allow for users to keep the warranty when removing the coolers?. Saw the EK posts about working with AMD so hopefully that even AMD will allow it on their reference cards.

Same here, the one and only team red card I've owned was a Sapphire 9800 pro, even remember replacing the stock cooling with an Arctic cooler blower fan, was a beast in the day!

For the first time in a looooonngg time, it looks like Nvidia have lost my money.

I'm wanting to go the 6900xt/5900x route, having cancelled my Strix OC 3090 order (£1700, what on earth was I thinking!).

Have 32gb of PC3600 ram and a 1200w psu ready to go, I cannot frigging wait.

Associate

He admitted on his own podcast, stating he's rooting for them, among other things......... Even guests he's had on have commented on it. As I said earlier he's not bias though, just puts much more emphasis on good AMD news than others.

Plus if you've spent more than 5 minutes in the discord... hot damn. Why do you think he's mentioned AMDelusionals so much recently.

Soldato
LG CX (2020) has 4 x HDMI 2.1 with Gsync out the box. Firmware update brought freesync premium but I've yet to test it.
As long as you have HDMI 2.1 on your TV you’ll get VRR which should be as good as Freesync.

Yeah I’ve just got a cx model with the 4 hdmi 120hz outputs, it really is an amazing tv ! Can’t wait to hook up the ps5 and 3080 :D

I know it’s a bit off topic but anyone know if the 3080 will support Dolby atmos? Got a Sonos arc and it would be sweet for cyberpunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom