• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Caporegime
When the 3080s were first coming out weren't some of them in the upper £600s?

Now the 3070s are out they're in the £600s??

Crazy! What is it, price gouging???!

Supply & demand capitalism. I doubt they will ever go back down to their MSRP now. But people will always see the reviews comparing them at MSRP and raving about the performance. Cheapest MSRP of a 3080 I saw was £589. It never ever went on sale at that price. There were quite a few all with MSRP less than £649.

The fact that there is a 3070 model which is currently £680 and is priced higher than the MSRP of EIGHT AIB 3080 cards says it all. And they are still flying off the shelf.

Associate
Which just goes to show they are priced right as people are prepared to buy them,. Still sticks in the throat that the UK's biggest retailer has slapped a £300 surcharge on them purely because they have stock.
So OCUK are scalping now
I wonder how they can justify a £300 increase just because they have stock? I had to pay £60 more for my rtx 3080 because my order on launch wasn't processed no email or warning.

Caporegime
So OCUK are scalping now
I wonder how they can justify a £300 increase just because they have stock? I had to pay £60 more for my rtx 3080 because my order on launch wasn't processed no email or warning.

To be fair that was a different issue. Apparently Nvidia gave $50 rebate to retailers just for the cards they had stock of so that they could be launched at a cheap price. As soon as that stock sold out, the rebate disappeared and all pre orders would be at least £50 more each. Sneaky trick to make it look like some 3080s cards sold at cheap prices and incredible value and Nvidia can just shrug and say its not their fault if AIBs/retailers are now charging more.

Soldato
So OCUK are scalping now

Wow a £300 increase! Blimey.

Actually - I remember reading on here people looking forward to the 3070 as it was going to be in the £300s. :confused:

Associate
There’s so much moaning in this forum, u are buying the most wanted graphics cards and the most popular graphics cards in probably the history of pc gaming, there is people queuing for 3 days and more, so if you are ordering a card online how can you not expect to wait? I think most people who have received or have had there palit gaming pro shipped definitely did not expect to receive it this early and the only reason they have received it this early is because @Gibbo hinted and helped all of us in the chat.

Associate
When are the queue update emails usually sent?
I want to get an idea on how how my order is sitting.
Also, will any idea if there be more 3070 FE added later on?

Associate
@Gibbo My shipping status on my Palit Pro OC 3070 has gone blank and underneath is now a DPD dispatch number but this takes me to a dead page on the DPD website. What does this mean

Your shipment has been dispatched. The order status comes up blank on OC UK, this seems to be normal. The DPD tracking won't probably update for another 24 hours until it has updates to show.

Associate
Your shipment has been dispatched. The order status comes up blank on OC UK, this seems to be normal. The DPD tracking won't probably update for another 24 hours until it has updates to show.
Yeah just be happy it's not "Order received - not yet shipped" like mine for the same card is :D

Associate
I ordered my Palit Pro non OC yesterday and have received it today to find it’s got a big OC sticker stuck on the front and looking at the serial number it says Gaming Pro OC... have I just been lucky or have others had the same?

Associate
@Gibbo any idea when the next lot of MSI 3080 gaming trio will be going out?

He doesn't seem to be able/willing to answer that question. I suspect he just has no more info than he's already given.

Last we heard a Large (75-100) batch left the factory for OC last Friday, and a small batch (10-30) is due to leave tomorrow. Gibbo said best case for the shipment from last friday was it'd get to them end of this week, looking like that hasn't happened, so likely it's in the "taking longer than normal" batch he mentioned here. At a guess I'm hoping for early/mid next week to see some non-cancelation queue movement for me, but who knows.

Associate
MSI Gaming X Trio 3070 dispatched for delivery tomorrow from elsewhere, stock popped up today so jumped on it and already had my dispatch, happy days. Seems a very different approach from some retailers to only sell what they have in hand, but there's downsides to both methods too i.e. stock updates means you get lucky or you don't get an order. Preorder system at least means you can guarantee a delivery in the future.

Back
Top Bottom