• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Just seen rumours 1440p won't be compatible, that's crazy if true.

Just came here to say the same, this is reminding me of the 360 having a bundle of different outputs and the PS3 having just a couple.

Feel bad for anyone with a good 1440p monitor being forced to use 1080p on them :/

Would be nice if they downscaled 4k rather than upscaled 1080p on a 1440p monitor

Don
For people requiring an optical cable for current headphones Astro released an adapter. Seems pricey for what it is mind.

Eurgh, sold out. I definitely need one? I have the A40 TR with mixamp

PlayStation 5
  • A10 Headset
    • Gen 1 – Supports game sound and voice chat via the 3.5mm port on the PS5 Controller.
  • A20 Wireless
    • Gen 1 – Supports game sound and voice chat via USB. Requires HDMI Adapter for mixing.
    • Gen 2 – Requires an included USB transmitter to transmit game audio and voice chat.
  • A40 and A40 TR Headsets
    • Gen 1-4 – Supports game sound and voice chat via the 3.5mm port on the PS5 Controller.
  • MixAmp Pro TR
    • Gen 3 & Gen 4 – Supports game sound and voice chat via USB. Requires HDMI Adapter for mixing.
  • A50 Wireless + Base Station
    • Gen 3 & Gen 4 – Supports game sound and voice chat via USB. Requires HDMI Adapter for mixing.
For Surround Sound, the ASTRO A50 and MixAmp Pro TR can utilize Dolby Audio via the ASTRO hardware directly. The A10 and A40 headsets can receive PS5 3D Audio via the PS5 controller.

*The ASTRO HDMI Adapter for PlayStation 5 is available via ASTRO websites and retailers globally in October for $39.99 USD. It enables game sound + voice chat mixing and features lagless 4K HDMI video passthrough while adding a TOSLINK optical port. Current registered owners of ASTRO products can submit your serial number and email address to receive a $15 discount on purchase on ASTROGaming.com.

Soldato
Good job you can buy PSN credit for a decent discount off face value.

I mean, surely everyone who buys digital games knows they are paying RRP as opposed to the discounted physical versions.
If you must own at release, you can get £70 of PSN credit for £59.70, so there is a £10 saying straight away.

Soldato
16% off seems to be the best deal, correct?

£45 for £37.85

Still works out around £60 for a digital copy of a £70 gameI Ifmy maths are correct. It's not exactly much of a bargain for a game you can't resell.

I've seen places online selling physical copies of PS5 games for near that price anyway.

Soldato
Gosh that was actually really good and informative. He's really hyped about the controller and the audio. I can't wait to get my hands on that controller everything I've heard so far is so positive.

Yeah, also didn't notice any screen tearing either on the PS5 footage. That's been a concern of mine about the game. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow on PS4, then again on PS5 :)

Soldato
Yeah, also didn't notice any screen tearing either on the PS5 footage. That's been a concern of mine about the game. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow on PS4, then again on PS5 :)

Tempted to get it myself and I wasn't that interested until I watched that. Looked to run really nicely. 120fps will be a game changer in racing games.

Soldato
Tempted to get it myself and I wasn't that interested until I watched that. Looked to run really nicely. 120fps will be a game changer in racing games.

Yeah, it looks a lot more like Dirt 2/3 to me which I absolutely loved. I picked up WRC9 too which I've been pleasantly surprised with. It's a great Rally game. Also enjoying the management side of it too.

It feels like a worthy successor to Dirt Rally to me, the stages are all excellent and pace notes are on point.

I'm not going into Dirt 5 expecting it to be a Rally game, more of what Dirt 2/3 offered and I'll be happy.

Man of Honour
Just seen rumours 1440p won't be compatible, that's crazy if true.

Sony have always been very limited in supported output resolutions compared to Microsoft so it's not really a surprise.

They typically support all of the common TV formats (1080p, 4k, HDMI VRR) and don't think at all about the common PC monitor formats (1440p, FreeSync).

Soldato
I'm sure this has been answered, but does anyone know what cross/back-compatability is like with parties on PS4 and PS5? And multiplayer gameplay with the likes of FIFA21 etc? Once I'm on the PS5 will I only be playing other PS5 players or PS4 too?

Soldato
Eurgh, sold out. I definitely need one? I have the A40 TR with mixamp

PlayStation 5
  • A10 Headset
    • Gen 1 – Supports game sound and voice chat via the 3.5mm port on the PS5 Controller.
  • A20 Wireless
    • Gen 1 – Supports game sound and voice chat via USB. Requires HDMI Adapter for mixing.
    • Gen 2 – Requires an included USB transmitter to transmit game audio and voice chat.
  • A40 and A40 TR Headsets
    • Gen 1-4 – Supports game sound and voice chat via the 3.5mm port on the PS5 Controller.
  • MixAmp Pro TR
  • A50 Wireless + Base Station
For Surround Sound, the ASTRO A50 and MixAmp Pro TR can utilize Dolby Audio via the ASTRO hardware directly. The A10 and A40 headsets can receive PS5 3D Audio via the PS5 controller.

*The ASTRO HDMI Adapter for PlayStation 5 is available via ASTRO websites and retailers globally in October for $39.99 USD. It enables game sound + voice chat mixing and features lagless 4K HDMI video passthrough while adding a TOSLINK optical port. Current registered owners of ASTRO products can submit your serial number and email address to receive a $15 discount on purchase on ASTROGaming.com.

Really poor that the HDMI doesn't support 2.1, waste of time for me as I'll need it.

Caporegime
Really poor that the HDMI doesn't support 2.1, waste of time for me as I'll need it.

Was just about to post a warning for those buying this adaptor that it's not HDMI 2.1 compatible so for people with their console going into a HDMI 2.1 compatible TV it's pointless.

I just updated my Astro A50 Gen4's to the latest firmware version and will use USB audio to provide Dolby Atmos on my Series X and just have to live without it on the PS5.

Soldato
Was just about to post a warning for those buying this adaptor that it's not HDMI 2.1 compatible so for people with their console going into a HDMI 2.1 compatible TV it's pointless.

I just updated my Astro A50 Gen4's to the latest firmware version and will use USB audio to provide Dolby Atmos on my Series X and just have to live without it on the PS5.

I'll be keeping my Astro's for the Xbox and I'll probably get a steel series headset for PS5 at some point.

Back
Top Bottom