Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Total noob here, looking to start trading.

Aew there any particular blogs/sites you guys read daily?

I'd rally like to give this a try, was obviously starting out small.

Soldato
Depends if you're a holder or a day trader, I got in on xpev yesterday and its nigh on 13% up at the mo, tempted to wait until the markets open, see if it hits 15 and then sell, or if it drops I'll get rid before it hits 10%.
NIO, I tried for a bit but it didn't grab me, so I sold with a tiny profit..

Currently on my watch list I have
xbit
crsr
xpev
pltr

Soldato
Hi Guys

Who do you recommend for online share dealing? I am looking for one with a nice usable interface and reasonable charges.

Is Hargreaves Lansdown good?

Thanks

I'm day trading on Trading212, and have long term holds on H&L..

Both are good, but it depends what you are doing, as said, H&L's fee's can be a killer for short term holds as its £12 per deal, but T212 factor a fee into their prices, really does depend on how you want to trade.

Associate
Looked at both XPEV and NIO before markets opened yesterday and thought it was worth a go. I didn't. Surely both are still going to go up... Worth a punt?

I am hanging onto my NIO. I bought in very late, about 3 weeks ago, but I am still 50% up now which is astonishing.

Can't predict but with Chinese Govt investment in the company, they must be pretty certain in the company.

Soldato
How is the S&P500 near an all time high at the moment. You would think Covid hadn't happened in the US.
People seem surprised the market is constantly climbing and a few keep saying a crash is coming. But with US and UK government printing more money to keep the economy going, this will only devalue the currency, increasing the stockmarket and assets values. Can you afford to not be in the stock market right now, all on black.

Associate
People seem surprised the market is constantly climbing and a few keep saying a crash is coming. But with US and UK government printing more money to keep the economy going, this will only devalue the currency, increasing the stockmarket and assets values. Can you afford to not be in the stock market right now, all on black.

Then comes zero and double zero!

Associate
Well, lets see what happens now Biden is in, markets go wibble...
I doubt it, it will take a while to transfer over, and this weeks election has been dragged out that I think most of the short term is priced in.

What I'm more concerned about, is some of my social investing in UK companies. The government loan scheme is brilliant, but I also think some of my investments have taken advantage of it(for the wrong reasons), and using it as a selling point that the government would match any further crowdfunding up to 5m. I hope I'm wrong, but I would rather claim my tax relief against my income than have things drag on for an extra couple years of runway and winding up later.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Can someone explain the pre-market and after hours US shares seem to have please? I noticed I cannot trade in such hours, so is it only the large institutions that trade in the pre and after hours?
I noticed Corsair hit $29.90 this morning in pre hours and from watching the pre hours and after hours on this share before they seem to somewhat reflect actual trading hours a little.

Back
Top Bottom