• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
At this point in time I dont even care if I get any game codes I just want my TUF OC lol

I'm too scared to cancel my pre order and try my luck with a founders or other shops and dont have the spare funds to do both lol 339 in the queue is so close yet so far

Associate
rascal1993 did write his queue position down as 339 in two seperate posts and did not come back with an alteration where it was mentioned in a couple of other posts, so not a typo.

So either a Wet Dream amount of cards in or a mistake on OC's part.

Until there's redacted screen shots, take it with a pinch of salt.

Associate
if there were 300+ TUFs coming in, i imagine there would be a bit more action in this thread that one fella nearly 400 places deep on the list.

either it's a balls up or the queue is actually a raffle.

Associate
Hear! Hear!

I pretty much got the gist of OCUK after just one day on this forum, and could see how OCUK's obvious greed has overtaken any semblance of customer service. I canceled my pre-order after just 48hrs as it was clear how this was going to pan out. Given the current queues seem to be lengthening rather than shortening, I'm so pleased I bowed out nice and early... and as a result have an FE arriving today thanks to another site.

I've been buying components for many many years and this experience is without a shadow of a doubt the worst I have ever had the misfortune to endure. Sadly, their arrogance (or incompetence) is the only thing stopping them from even admitting there are issues that could be dealt with better.

Yes, the stock situation is abysmal, but don't forget that this is common across ALL retailers, yet others seem to handle not only the stock allocation but also the communications far far better than OCUK. Their handling of this is a total shambles and I'd imagine the short-term greed will come back to bite them. That of course all depends on how many others decide that this will be their last order with OCUK.

I gave them an opportunity via webnote to make it right a few days ago by asking if they would switch me to an RX6800XT preorder at the over MSRP/RRP price I already paid for the 3080 (a good deal for them), but instead they said I could cancel and "Preorder" on launch day, that they also couldn't guarantee a price at launch (thus implying they intend to price gouge the RX 6800XT even more than the 3080s).... they don't seem to understand the very basic definition of preorder and how it differs from a backorder.

This will be my last order.

Last edited:
Associate
If you're in the position to (especially 2 months after launch), you can always just have cash ready to grab a card if you find one then cancel here after. That was my plan but I hadn't got around to cancelling when the shipping notification came through :p I got my FE with paypal finance so I've got 4 months interest free on it anyway

Yeah doing that has crossed my mind. Sadly I don't have a spare 800 quid sitting around. Obviously I'm looking forward to getting my 3080 but its not the end of the world having to wait for it. Cyberpunk will be a bug ridden mess for the first few months of release and I can game away quite happily with my old 1080 for a few more months if needed. Having said all that though I would rather have my 3080 to get me through the dark winter months after new year so hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer for them.

Associate
Long, long time viewer first time writer...

I signed up really to answer your question; I did @ you on Discord the other day but you must have missed it.

In short the very large order was actually a combination of the two orders mentioned in Gibbo's post on 20th October. I phoned OC on Friday to ask as I am so near and yet so far in terms of receiving a Trio and I knew that if the large order was separate I would be well in to receive my card.

It is this level of vague and ambigious customer service that is making me unhappy. They could easily nip this in-the-bud and clarify but they instead sit back and see countless people asking whether the large delivery was a separate one; which I don't think can be put down to us misconstruing it as it really did seem that there were 3 deliveries heading OC's way.

Thank you and sorry I did miss this sadly discord just alerts like crazy for me and I did miss this. But this is disgusting many times this was asked not just by me but many others in this forum and never got an answer. It’s not defendable to combine an order without explaining it. Also it made it seem like MSI were upping their game but I guess this isn’t the case now.And this is the point confusing comms and lack of updates while people defend it is mental. Understanding that nvidia have screwed us as well but clarification on something that was asked many times so people didn’t get there hopes up just seems simple. So there has been a large and small order of MSI trios and the very large order didn’t exist.

Caporegime
Long, long time viewer first time writer...

I signed up really to answer your question; I did @ you on Discord the other day but you must have missed it.

In short the very large order was actually a combination of the two orders mentioned in Gibbo's post on 20th October. I phoned OC on Friday to ask as I am so near and yet so far in terms of receiving a Trio and I knew that if the large order was separate I would be well in to receive my card.

It is this level of vague and ambigious customer service that is making me unhappy. They could easily nip this in-the-bud and clarify but they instead sit back and see countless people asking whether the large delivery was a separate one; which I don't think can be put down to us misconstruing it as it really did seem that there were 3 deliveries heading OC's way.

Yup. I had it confirmed today that the OK ventus and the small ventus weren't actually two deliveries. The OK one between us being told about it on the 20th and it being sent to customers on the 5th actually became the small one. Nothing in the updates to say that. It still appears as though there were multiple deliveries.

Associate
Yup. I had it confirmed today that the OK ventus and the small ventus weren't actually two deliveries. The OK one between us being told about it on the 20th and it being sent to customers on the 5th actually became the small one. Nothing in the updates to say that. It still appears as though there were multiple deliveries.

That's disappointing, I was hoping that small (15 cards) batch that came in last week was just an extra tacked onto the Trio batch and that they would still receive the OK batch of Ventus this week :(
Back to checking Gibbo's info thread for batch news :|

Caporegime
That's disappointing, I was hoping that small (15 cards) batch that came in last week was just an extra tacked onto the Trio batch and that they would still receive the OK batch of Ventus this week :(
Back to checking Gibbo's info thread for batch news :|

Clearly a few of us have that same understanding.

Back
Top Bottom