• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Disappointed to read the controller is a bit naff. Just got to hope that more games on PC start supporting the DualSense if that’s to become the winner this time around. Or do MS want everyone purchasing the Elite? :p

Not sure who has said it's naff, but I couldn't disagree more. It's a great controller. Certainly an improvement over the Xbox One S controller and that was pretty hard to beat. I don't mind that it doesn't have the gimmicks of the PS5 controller. The Xbox controllers have always been the more comfortable controller and this is no exception.

Soldato
Not sure who has said it's naff, but I couldn't disagree more. It's a great controller. Certainly an improvement over the Xbox One S controller and that was pretty hard to beat. I don't mind that it doesn't have the gimmicks of the PS5 controller. The Xbox controllers have always been the more comfortable controller and this is no exception.

Wouldn't describe the controller as naff, but the triggers always feel wrong on xbox controller to me - like they are too short

Caporegime
OP
Reckon I’ve finally decided on my choices now. Going to use PS5 as main platform and a Series S to complement it for Game Pass and MS exclusives. At least we know NS will take the time and effort to optimise their games for the baby one.

Soldato
I truly think pc gaming has all but died for me personally with this gen of consoles - and that started already with ps4 pro a bit

I'll keep an ok graphics card for some older titles (mostly for accelerating apps)

Can't wait to see what we get next couple of years

Soldato
I quick resume working for anyone? Was expecting to be able to jump pretty swiftly between gears 5 and halo 5 but I need to go through loading on each swap over!

Works for me in FIFA and Ori , but Ori had crashed once where it closed the game instead of quick resume.

Soldato
Having spent a few hours yesterday on my Series X I'm pretty happy with it. Its smaller than I imagined and very very quiet which is great. Unless your watching a 4K blu ray movie disc and then the disc drive is just as loud as it was on the last consoles. Quick resume is great, everything runs very smooth and fluid. It feels very snappy and nice to use. I just wish there was some next gen games to take advantage of it. Game pass is great but its still old games with a new coat of paint. I need some proper next gen games to get excited for this. The controller is great. I personally think its better than the previous gen controller. I really like the Dpad and it feels lighter and just more comfortable in the hand to me.

Soldato
zen2 cpu, super quick dash, lost oddysey instant loading.

I finally fixed technical issues, so will be good to start gaming probably tomorrow now. Also queued about 7 games from the ultimate pass, the fables, and some others.

Put hand over exchaust after reports of how hot these run, it is really really hot air, and the exhaust plate, is almost too hot to touch, I think the hottest exhaust area I ever noticed in a console. It has warmed my room by 2C as well, its kind of like a weak electric air heater, with the flow of hot air. Moved it a bit so both side air holes have free air, they are cold so I expect they in flows.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a brief go on mine last night after setting it up.

Plugged in my external HDD and set the console up via the app. It was a breeze.

All my games and saves from the 1x were instantly available.

The series x is very well built. It doesent fit where I wanted it to go in my TV stand but fortunately there is a perfect spot just to the side of it.

I like the feel of the pad but the clicky dpad is super annoying. The tactile feel is nice but the click it too loud in my view.

So from the external HDD the first game I played was AC Odyssey. Didn't feel like any improvement at all. I'm guessing because there's no patch.

I then tried witcher 3. Again no improvement at all. So.I decided to move it to internal storage and do a fast travel test. The screen went black for the merest of moments and I was back into the game. Very clear improvement on load times but still no improvement on frames in my view.

I left the console copying a few select titles to internal storage and went to bed.

Anthem.
AC Odyssey.
Destiny 2.
Gears 5.

I also set the Medium to download too.

I will have a proper play over the coming days but so far for me there's nothing that's wowed me but I'm confident it will come with some of the imminent new titles.

Soldato
Gears 5 might wow you - the opening going into cava is just beautiful, and the lighting is just spectacular, especially noticeable on a first encounter in tunnel.

Glad I never got around to it before

But agreed with others, that dpad noise is annoying

Soldato
Tried Destiny 2, feels and looks identical to X1X. Tried AC:Valhalla and it's a bit sharper but visually it's hard to tell apart from Odyssey and X1X (both look worse than TLOU2).

Going to download Gears 5 but so far the main difference is load speed, need to find some older games that weren't properly optimised!

Soldato
Tried Destiny 2, feels and looks identical to X1X. Tried AC:Valhalla and it's a bit sharper but visually it's hard to tell apart from Odyssey and X1X (both look worse than TLOU2).

Going to download Gears 5 but so far the main difference is load speed, need to find some older games that weren't properly optimised!
Destiny 2 doesn't get updated until Dec 8th apparently.

Soldato
So, two turned yesterday, one is an Xmas pressie, one for me!

The one I’ve opened works fine as far as I can tell, but it has a strange smell wafting out of it, it smells slightly like burnt capacitors, not full on, but a faint whiff.. in a small room it’s definitely noticeable.

I played 5 hours of games and it hasn’t got any worse, just a slight constant whiff that hasn’t subsided yet...

a strange question, but anyone else’s doing this?

[edit] nvm, the other one is identical, within 2 mins of powering on it’s got the same smell...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom